Default Autohelm Upgrade

Hi,
I need to replace my older Autohelm ST50 Depth display (broken case &
LCD faded out)
and the only option now is to go with a newer Raymarine ST60 unit. The
cables on the ST60
use different plugs, but Raymarine says the newer ST60 system is
backwards
compatible with the older ST50 system/Seatalk. Does anyone know how
connect a new ST60 Depth instrument to the older ST50 system?
Thanks! J

"Hawaiian" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I need to replace my older Autohelm ST50 Depth display (broken case &
LCD faded out)
and the only option now is to go with a newer Raymarine ST60 unit. The
cables on the ST60
use different plugs, but Raymarine says the newer ST60 system is
backwards
compatible with the older ST50 system/Seatalk. Does anyone know how
connect a new ST60 Depth instrument to the older ST50 system?
Thanks! J

Just match up the coloured wires from the Seatalk cables. You have a round
plug on the ST 50 and a flat plug on the ST60. The wires coming out of the
plugs have the same colours I believe. Just connect them together and it
should work.
By the way, you can probably buy a used ST50 on eBay for less than $100.
Just use eBay's "save this search" feature and they will send you an email
whenever a unit turns up on eBay. Great service.

W AUTOHELM 3000 Remote Tullochs Electronics 2 January 20th 12 02:58 PM
Old Autohelm 800/1000 schematic/diagram rhys Cruising 6 January 18th 10 10:44 PM
Autohelm 5000 Boat going in circles Glenn Strazds Electronics 15 May 30th 06 02:28 AM