Default Going to Utah - need food ideas!

Reading Jim's posts on boat food left me thinking that some of you folks may
have some good ideas for our upcoming trip to Utah. We're planning to leave next
week, taking the travel trailer, and will return o/a the 24th of Sep. We'll be
spending about two weeks in the southern portion of the state seeing Zion
National Park, Arches National Park, Grand Canyon (north rim), Monument Valley,
Canyonland, Muley Point, etc, etc.

In the trailer we have a refrigerator with a small freezer. I'll have the gas
Weber, and electric stoves in the campgrounds. On the way out and back we'll be
spending some nights in Flying J parks, but while in Utah we'll be in
campgrounds or the Grand Canyon Lodge.

So, what I need are suggestions for food. Can't be sandwiches all the time - too
fattening.

Ideas anyone?
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:47:09 -0400, BAR wrote:

Frozen chicken breasts. Lots of spices. Buy vegatables along the way at
road side stands.

Good one. Thanks
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Reading Jim's posts on boat food left me thinking that some of you folks
may
have some good ideas for our upcoming trip to Utah. We're planning to
leave next
week, taking the travel trailer, and will return o/a the 24th of Sep.
We'll be
spending about two weeks in the southern portion of the state seeing Zion
National Park, Arches National Park, Grand Canyon (north rim), Monument
Valley,
Canyonland, Muley Point, etc, etc.

I live in Utah. Southern Utah. Toquerville, specifically.

Buy ALL you can in St. George, Hurricane, and Cedar City. Depending on
where you are driving in from, stop at major cities, and stock up on major
items that are not going to spoil. You may have to buy some fresh supplies
in towns such as Springdale, Escalante, Moab, and Panguitch, but expect to
pay 2 to 3x the going rate, and the "fresh" foods available may be freezer
burnt. You may encounter fresh animal flesh from local butchers. Buy and
take as much as you can in advance, as the prices at the local stores are
two leveled - take it or leave it.

Steve

"Steve B" wrote in message
news

[...]

Speaking of Moab. There is a dirt road between Dead Horse Point and Moab. I
highly recommend driving that road from the point down to the town. The
Vistas are spectacular, and the drive is exciting. If I recall correctly
It's 10 or 12 miles and takes about 2 hours. I guarentee John will never
forget the experience. Oh, BTW. Don't try it while towing your trailer,
John.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a Mac, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a Mac, it's from an ID

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:02:50 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I live in Utah. Southern Utah. Toquerville, specifically.

Buy ALL you can in St. George, Hurricane, and Cedar City. Depending on
where you are driving in from, stop at major cities, and stock up on major
items that are not going to spoil. You may have to buy some fresh supplies
in towns such as Springdale, Escalante, Moab, and Panguitch, but expect to
pay 2 to 3x the going rate, and the "fresh" foods available may be freezer
burnt. You may encounter fresh animal flesh from local butchers. Buy and
take as much as you can in advance, as the prices at the local stores are
two leveled - take it or leave it.

Our first stop in Utah will be Moab, for three nights. We'll find some stuff in
Denver.

Thanks for the tip!

On 8/25/10 3:37 PM, John H wrote:
Reading Jim's posts on boat food left me thinking that some of you folks may
have some good ideas for our upcoming trip to Utah. We're planning to leave next
week, taking the travel trailer, and will return o/a the 24th of Sep. We'll be
spending about two weeks in the southern portion of the state seeing Zion
National Park, Arches National Park, Grand Canyon (north rim), Monument Valley,
Canyonland, Muley Point, etc, etc.

In the trailer we have a refrigerator with a small freezer. I'll have the gas
Weber, and electric stoves in the campgrounds. On the way out and back we'll be
spending some nights in Flying J parks, but while in Utah we'll be in
campgrounds or the Grand Canyon Lodge.

So, what I need are suggestions for food. Can't be sandwiches all the time - too
fattening.

Ideas anyone

Lots of eggs from Austin "Jack" DeCoster's egg farms.

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

You won't need a stove. Cook on the pavement. ;-)

John H wrote:
Reading Jim's posts on boat food left me thinking that some of you folks may
have some good ideas for our upcoming trip to Utah. We're planning to leave next
week, taking the travel trailer, and will return o/a the 24th of Sep. We'll be
spending about two weeks in the southern portion of the state seeing Zion
National Park, Arches National Park, Grand Canyon (north rim), Monument Valley,
Canyonland, Muley Point, etc, etc.

In the trailer we have a refrigerator with a small freezer. I'll have the gas
Weber, and electric stoves in the campgrounds. On the way out and back we'll be
spending some nights in Flying J parks, but while in Utah we'll be in
campgrounds or the Grand Canyon Lodge.

So, what I need are suggestions for food. Can't be sandwiches all the time - too
fattening.

Ideas anyone?

On a road trip like that, I would go for the local food. Ask around.
The best places are often those you would never find or try.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:19:25 -0400, Larry wrote:

John H wrote:
[...]

You ever try the local Kansas food?
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Utah Legislative logic .......... SteveB General 0 October 11th 09 01:02 AM
God Smites Utah jps General 4 June 29th 09 09:41 PM
utah white water advice? obdave General 1 March 20th 05 03:17 PM
FS: 2002 Rinker in Utah Kirstyn Marketplace 0 April 16th 04 05:33 PM
Green River, Utah levels Nace Touring 0 August 28th 03 04:53 PM