Doug Kanter

Default OT--new candidate

"jps" wrote in message

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He's not comparing the two. He's trolling with a squid the size of Rhode
Island. :-)

thunder

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:27:12 +0000, NOYB wrote:

He may make a decent Vice Presidential candidate to lend credibility to
someone like dean who the public views as very weak on national security.
However, he's an ego-maniac and would never stand being second fiddle.

Most generals have a healthy dose of ego, but they also have spent an
entire career being second fiddle, or third fiddle . . . that's how the
military works. Unlike politics, one doesn't start at the top, they work
their way up.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

He'll get mauled by Bush in the pressing palms and kissing babies arena.

So what. Anyone who bases votes on a handshake is an idiot anyway.

Unfortunately, it's the "swing" voters that vote this way. They make up
less than 7% of the electorate, and there's no common theme that appeals to
them. They vote for the guy they like best, many times basing their vote on
nothing more than charisma.

NOYB

The other threads were getting kind of boring and I had already overfished
'em, anyhow. It was a time for a new honey hole...

What I find amazing is the same pelagics will leave one hole and get caught
right again in the next.

"jps" wrote in message

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He's not comparing the two. He's trolling with a squid the size of Rhode
Island. :-)

Bill Cole

damn jps, you are such a sharp wit, keep it up. You have everyone rolling
on the floor.

"jps" wrote in message
And you're one of 'em.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
et...
The fish in Rec.boats might be the dumbest school of fish I have ever

seen.
: )

hlink.net...

"jps" wrote in message

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He's not comparing the two. He's trolling with a squid the size of

Rhode
Island. :-)

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"jps" wrote in message

You righties are toast.

Yeah. If Clark sets foot on an aircraft carrier, the sailors will salute

him
because they WANT to, not because their CO begged them to.

Not likely.

Col. David Hackworth, in his 1999 commentary Defending America, wrote of
Clark: Known by those who've served with him as the Ultimate Perfumed
Prince, he's far more comfortable in a drawing room discussing political
theories than hunkering down in the trenches where bullets fly and soldiers
die.

Col. Jatras writes that "General Clark is the kind of general we saw too
often during the Vietnam War and hoped never to see again in a position of
responsibility for the lives of our GIs and the security of our nation. That
it happened once again we can thank that other Rhodes scholar from
Arkansas."

Colonels Hackworth and Jatras? Hehehe. Jatras is a right-wing hack who
spent 30 years in the military and was passed over for a star.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

"jps" wrote in message

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He's not comparing the two. He's trolling with a squid the size of Rhode
Island. :-)

Wait...I'm certain one of the other representatives of far-right
trashdom will high-five you.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

jps

You're so easy to please. I do wish you'd leave that language at the
trailer door when you come out to play.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
t...
damn jps, you are such a sharp wit, keep it up. You have everyone rolling
on the floor.

"jps" wrote in message
And you're one of 'em.

"Bill Cole" wrote in message
et...
The fish in Rec.boats might be the dumbest school of fish I have ever

seen.
: )

hlink.net...