Joe

Default OT--new candidate

You righties are toast.

Because General Fruitcake is joining the race?

This joker almost started WWIII, and could have if not for a British
General.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/671495.stm

He has absolutely zero chance of beating Bush.

Mark Browne

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
How do we know he really has military experience?

Good point. The guy has faked the outcome of military exercises, never
served in the actual theater of operations in Kosovo, and very nearly
started WWIII with the Russians.

Considering that the rightists in the group think it is such a wonderful
thing that little Bush got the USA in war in the middle east, this may be a
bonus for you!

Mark Browne

NOYB

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Hold on a minute, fella's...I just got another one.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

The other threads were getting kind of boring and I had already

overfished
'em, anyhow. It was a time for a new honey hole...

What I find amazing is the same pelagics will leave one hole and get

caught
right again in the next.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"jps" wrote in message

I cannot believe you'd attempt to compare Bush with a real leader.

He's not comparing the two. He's trolling with a squid the size of

Rhode
Island. :-)

Wait...I'm certain one of the other representatives of far-right
trashdom will high-five you.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

NOYB

Mark,
I think the absolute worst thing that could happen would be if a guy like
Dean won the Presidency and pulled us out of Iraq too soon. The
repercussions would be awful. "Rack up enough US casualties, get the media
to play along, and we can control the infidels".

At least if a guy like World War III Wesley was in charge, we could be sure
he'd probably nuke someone over there before long...and that can't be *all*
bad.

Nevertheless, if I used the snowball's-chance-in-Hell analogy to describe
either Dean or Wesley's chances of winning the '04 election, it wouldn't be
fair to snowballs.

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
How do we know he really has military experience?

Good point. The guy has faked the outcome of military exercises, never
served in the actual theater of operations in Kosovo, and very nearly
started WWIII with the Russians.

Considering that the rightists in the group think it is such a wonderful
thing that little Bush got the USA in war in the middle east, this may be

bonus for you!

Mark Browne

Mark Browne

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
Mark,
I think the absolute worst thing that could happen would be if a guy like
Dean won the Presidency and pulled us out of Iraq too soon. The
repercussions would be awful. "Rack up enough US casualties, get the

media
to play along, and we can control the infidels".

snip
NYOB,

There were a chorus of voices saying that we should stay the course in
Vietnam right up until the end.

While this may be a bit early to ask about Iraq, What sorts of signs would
you accept that things are not working out - at what point would you make
the call that it *is* time to cut and run?

Much of the discussion has been focused on what we *want* for Iraq - a
western style democracy, oil, a base in the middle east, a positive
political poster child for the neocon ideals, security. It is relatively
easy to frame and measure success against the goals.

The shape of the answer to my question above goes a long way towards
deciding if current actions are taking the USA towards failure.

Before you rush to answer this, do you think that the Soviets left
Afghanistan too early or too late? In perfect 20/20 hindsight, what should
have been the warning signs? Considering the eventual cost of the occupation
to the Soviet government (complete collapse of the government) this does
seem like a relevant question in this closely related situation.

Mark Browne

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

He'll get mauled by Bush in the pressing palms and kissing babies

arena.

So what. Anyone who bases votes on a handshake is an idiot anyway.

Unfortunately, it's the "swing" voters that vote this way. They make up
less than 7% of the electorate, and there's no common theme that appeals

them. They vote for the guy they like best, many times basing their vote

on
nothing more than charisma.

There are many centrist Dems and Reps who are still in flux. Not enchanted
by Dean, who they regard as shrill -- nor Bush, who talks of compassion and
acts more conservatively than anyone could imagine.

Wesley Clark will sweep this 7% and, as a result, crush Bush.

I repeat, you righties are toast.

jps

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...
Mark,
I think the absolute worst thing that could happen would be if a guy like
Dean won the Presidency and pulled us out of Iraq too soon. The
repercussions would be awful. "Rack up enough US casualties, get the

media
to play along, and we can control the infidels".

You are again confused. While the pundits like Sean Hannity are quick to
state the Democrats want to bring the troops home, Dean has never stated
this and has, in fact, argued against it. We're there and we need to finish
what we've started in the best possible fashion (which probably differs
greatly from Bush's plan to finance his buddies revenues with Iraqi oil).

At least if a guy like World War III Wesley was in charge, we could be

sure
he'd probably nuke someone over there before long...and that can't be

*all*
bad.

Schooled in both combat and diplomacy. An IQ probably between 80 and 100
points above Bush.

Nevertheless, if I used the snowball's-chance-in-Hell analogy to describe
either Dean or Wesley's chances of winning the '04 election, it wouldn't

be
fair to snowballs.

You're talking out of your ass, as usual. Just wait, you'll be eating
whatever tripe you're spewing so I'd suggest you don't spew too much.

NOYB

I think we establish bases there *outside the cities*, help organize a
police force and governing body, and then pull back to those bases and let
the democratically elected government rule the country. We remain in our
bases indefinitely to assure that no Baathists seize the country via a coup.
If the newly democratically-elected government feels secure enough and asks
us to leave, then we should consider leaving.

"Mark Browne" wrote in message
et...

"NOYB" wrote in message
[...]

Snafu

There are many centrist Dems and Reps who are still in flux. Not

enchanted
by Dean, who they regard as shrill -- nor Bush, who talks of compassion

and
acts more conservatively than anyone could imagine.

Wesley Clark will sweep this 7% and, as a result, crush Bush.

I repeat, you righties are toast.

You are right on, jps.

None of the other Dems interest me -- they're just the usual bunch of
lifelong politicians. On the other hand, I like what Clark has to say, the
direct way he says his piece, and most importantly his values parallel mine.
I've been waiting for Clark to throw his hat in the ring for several months
now, and now on the eve of his announcement, I'm excited to learn more about
him.

Maybe he does have some baggage -- who doesn't? But he certainly has to be
better than dubya!