Joe

Default OT--new candidate

You seem to think our desire to make Iraq into a democracy is the panacea
for solving the terrorist problem. Democracy only takes hold in countries
that desire it. Iraq isn't one of them.

The great JPS has spoken, the people of Iraqi do not want Democracy!
Had you been around at the time, I'm sure you would have said the same of
post-war Japan and Germany.

I know people on the ground in Iraq and communicate with them every chance I
get.
They say the vast majority of people do want democracy and are happy we're
there.

jps

"Joe" wrote in message

You seem to think our desire to make Iraq into a democracy is the

panacea
for solving the terrorist problem. Democracy only takes hold in

countries
that desire it. Iraq isn't one of them.

The great JPS has spoken, the people of Iraqi do not want Democracy!
Had you been around at the time, I'm sure you would have said the same of
post-war Japan and Germany.

I know people on the ground in Iraq and communicate with them every chance

get.
They say the vast majority of people do want democracy and are happy we're
there.

You're clearly not a student of history. Both Japan and Germany were highly
civilized nations hijacked by "special interests." They didn't come out of
the dark ages to suddenly emerge into the light of modern democracy.

Iraq will revert to the feudal/warlord system it's known for thousands of
years (just like Afghanistan is presently). That's the system one level
below the one imposed on Iraq and held together by Saddam -- one that was
manditory to "encourage" competitive cultures to co-exist. It required an
iron fist.

There will be a rush for power just as soon as they've driven the Americans
out. We, of course, will let them have control just as soon as we can
restore control and sign them up for long term debt, the assistance of
Halliburton and a sweetheart deal on barrel prices.

Why don't you bless us with your theory of how it's going to work Joe?

jps

"Joe" wrote in message

They say the vast majority of people do want democracy and are happy we're
there.

The vast majority doesn't control. Why the hell do you think Saddam was
able to suppress these people?

They'll fall in line behind whatever helps them restore their lives to some
level of normalcy. Once we're gone, it'll be a thug.

Doug Kanter

"Joe" wrote in message

You seem to think our desire to make Iraq into a democracy is the

panacea
for solving the terrorist problem. Democracy only takes hold in

countries
that desire it. Iraq isn't one of them.

The great JPS has spoken, the people of Iraqi do not want Democracy!
Had you been around at the time, I'm sure you would have said the same of
post-war Japan and Germany.

I know people on the ground in Iraq and communicate with them every chance

get.
They say the vast majority of people do want democracy and are happy we're
there.

Well, over the past few weeks, I've heard Iraqis say, in interviews, that
nobody likes occupiers and that's what they consider us. This morning, when
the news described the latest attack on our troops, the reporter said a
horde of locals came to the scene and applauded. Yep. They're glad we're in
town.

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message ...
You seem to think our desire to make Iraq into a democracy is the panacea
for solving the terrorist problem. Democracy only takes hold in countries
that desire it. Iraq isn't one of them.

The great JPS has spoken, the people of Iraqi do not want Democracy!
Had you been around at the time, I'm sure you would have said the same of
post-war Japan and Germany.

I know people on the ground in Iraq and communicate with them every chance I
get.
They say the vast majority of people do want democracy and are happy we're
there.

We are the aggressor, the attacker. They feel the same about us, as we
do the people that attacked us on 9/11...oh, wait, we aren't mad at
them anymore, it's those pesky Iraqis we're going after.