Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Suisun Bay Sturgeon (Calif Delta)

I headed to Delta Marina on the Sacramento River near Rio Vista, CA
for another three days of fishing - but had my time cut back due to a
cousin's passing and funeral on Thursday. Next trip should be four
days to make up for it!

On Day 1, I fished near Decker for about six hours - for no action at
all. But the weather was sunny and clear and warm. And it's about
time!

My buddy Willie joined me for Tuesday, and we cruised downriver to
Suisun and my honey hole where I catch a sturgy about every other
trip. We arrived at 0930 and fished 'til 1600. Around noon, Willie
reeled in the laziest sturgeon I've ever seen. Maybe something was
wrong with him? He measured only 30" or so and came to the boat
quickly with no fight. He just laid belly up 'til I reached over and
popped the hook out. Maybe he'd been through this catch and release
routine before and just wanted to get it over with!

That was about it for the trip. We headed for the dock at 1600. It was
absolutely perfect on Suisun. The water was like glass much of the
time and the wind was from flat calm to a light breeze. It doesn't get
any better than that!

Eel was the only bait we used. The shaker came just after the current
turned to incoming.

Photos on my homepage: www.FishWisher.com

Maybe next week...