Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default California Delta sturgeon fishing: First try this autumn.

I finally gave up trolling stripers at Hogan and tried my hand at
sturgeon fishing near Decker Island this week. I towed the boat over
with the motorhome and spent a couple of nights at Brannan Island
State Park. I kept the boat in one of their berths both nights, making
it all very convenient.

I fished Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn't pull in any sturgeon. One
angry little catfish took my lamprey eel, and was reeled in and
released. I also caught a couple of bait fish at the docks the second
morning, a bluegill and a little perch, and used them for bait as I
can now use two rods on the delta. The little baitfish didn't attract
any stripers, and I released them at the end of my fishing.

The weather was absolutely calm, so calm that the sun made fishing
miserable after the boat turned with the tide and faced me into it. I
called off fishing early both days due to the heat, but this warm
weather is about done, and I'll be complaining about the cold real
soon, I reckon.

Photos and video on my home page: http://www.fishwisher.com

Dale

FS:18ft 2003 Trophy sports Fishing boat 1802WA In Losangeles,California Phil[_2_] Marketplace 0 January 1st 08 06:09 PM
California sturgeon fishing will never be the same. FishWisher General 15 March 9th 06 02:33 PM
Sturgeon! FishWisher General 4 November 24th 05 02:18 PM
Crab / Lobster fishing in Southern California? [email protected] Cruising 4 September 3rd 05 07:19 PM
Ok to swim in California Delta ? mmh General 13 July 28th 04 09:32 PM