Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Fixin yer boat in inconvenient places

A cynic once described cruising as "Fixing your boat in inconvenient
places" but as it turns out this fix of the rot around my shroud
attachment has been more convenient 200 miles from my home port than
in my home port. Home depot is nearby as is West Marine and Wal Mart
whereas at my home port each is about an hour away.
Consequently, I have been able to almost get the rot cut out and
replaced with good wood epoxied in followed by glassing over the
joints. Tomorrow, I will make it look good by staining it teak
colored and re-assembling the surrounding cabinetry and it will be
done.
Gulfport Municipal Marina is a good place to leave "Ragtime" for a
week because Ihave to get back for some work and family things but I
will come back next week and continue my trip (eventually getting to
the East coast of FL and thence to the Bahamas).
Kinda cold here today with 49 degrees and 20 kt wind from N.

Fixin my binocs [email protected] General 0 August 18th 08 08:26 PM
The Inconvenient Truths Capt. Rob ASA 5 April 26th 07 11:02 PM
More places to launch boat Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 20th 05 06:41 PM
live aboard/house boat/ and go places? richard Cruising 2 February 25th 05 02:39 PM
Boat painting places in Mex - Panama ? [email protected] Cruising 1 October 25th 03 07:24 PM