richard

Default live aboard/house boat/ and go places?

we have a 24 foot power boat in Boston which we pay to have trailered
to places for a couple of weeks every year (as far as montreal, erie
canal, hudson river etc.), and
we use it almost daily during the april thru dec. season in the boston
harbor and its neighboring coastal places.

we are interested in possibly getting a house boat to live on all year
round. but we are concerned that once we have a house boat, we can't
take it to places. we thought of boats like the trawlers, but it's very
expensive to operate big boats like that, even though it's good for
both live aboard and going to places.

we also thought of getting a sailboat without the sails if we want to
go under bridges, so we can take advantage of the larger space for live
aboard, and cheaper gas. but it doesn't go anywhere fast enough...
since we have to work for a living, we do not have enough vacation
time...

any suggestions?
thanks much.

Just Us

"richard" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Get an 8'6" wide houseboat and then you can trailer it.
There is one on Ebay right now 8'x25' I think it is.
Even 10 or 12 wide is trailerable with permits.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 24 Feb 2005 15:04:27 -0800, "richard"
wrote:

[...]

First off, a sailboat in the same price range will have much less room
than a houseboat. If you will always use it in sheltered water the
houseboat might do for your trips as well. But you might not want to
travel out from Boston Harbor in a houseboat.

any suggestions?
thanks much.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Curse thee, thou quadrant. No longer will I guide my earthly way by thee." Capt. Ahab

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 28th 05 05:46 AM
What was it like 4 U Joe ASA 264 December 28th 04 11:26 PM
I need your advice for a new boat Kharlosan Cruising 24 November 19th 03 09:27 AM