posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Inconvenient Truths

1) Scotty never amounted to a hill of beans, a-typical trailer trash
living in gut-rot PA. He never managed to buy a nice boat, or indulge
himself in any way.

2) Sloco, a quintessential cheap wad, frustrated with his lot in life,
cheated himself out of the better things in life every time. Like most
bargain hunters he bought second tier every chance he got, settling
for the Lincoln and a Express 30, items that symbolize his rejection
of true quality and commitment to his dreams.

3) Joe, so certain of his conservative stance that it blinds him to
the obvious truths around him, bought and restored a sea-going heavy
vessel and turned it into a houseboat. By extending his refit to the
end of time he can spin stories of his never-to-be voyages to come.

4) Dave, an elderly fellow who struck out financially and is only now
realizing that a second wind of resources is unlikely to come, spends
his time on a boat many would consider a 1st boat blunder. But such
has been Dave's life; a series of "make the best of it" scenarios that
have forced him to his knees while the truly able saunter by.

5) Bob Crantz, a second fiddle troll who uses sockpuppets to stir up a
tired pot, is forced to lick the boots of any truly talented troll
that comes by.

6) Jeff, old and tired, his best years well behind him. He made a
noble sacrifice in trading the romantic feel of a heeling monohull to
the generally boring function of a flat-footed Catamaran. Such has
been his life, a series of dullish denials of the heart in the name of
practicality. Now, his body soon to begin a steady decline, his
frustrations and starved soul are beginning to weigh on him, a sea
anchor of rationalization he can no longer bear.

7) Doug, the so called "King of Keels", once respected here, but now
exposed as a blowhard who, through a series of spousal beat-downs was
finally reduced to a trembling mass of stagnating and putrescent
sailing knowledge, all trapped aboard a trawler. His frustration and
disappointment drips off every word he types.

6) Capt. RB, a truly talented bloke who parlayed a small inheritance
into a platform sufficient enough to own a house, land, class cars, a
small sailing yacht, and still indulge his hobbies without any risk of
endangering a financial windfall for his son. He trolls this group
without mercy, expertly, creating a deceptive front that makes every
lame response from those listed above weak and impotent.

More to come!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

An very good quick assessment. I note that you find nothing wrong with my
boat or life!

Compared to you I am a second fiddle troll. I know of no one who can match
you trolling abilities. But then so few have the resources and are willing
to expend the time to achieve such a high level of trolling ability. I am
also unwilling to lie to create a troll, as it takes the sport out of it.
I'd rather be a citizen amongst giants than a king amongst fools.

When you need to be slapped around to get back into shape you know where to
find me. I wish Maroon would return, he could follow up with a mackeral to
the back of the head whilst I deliver a folding chair between the eyes.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:58:59 -0600, "Bob Crantz"
wrote:

An very good quick assessment. I note that you find nothing wrong with my
boat or life!

Compared to you I am a second fiddle troll. I know of no one who can match
you trolling abilities.............

What??? Capt Rob just came through with eight lines out, four off the
stern and two outriggers to starboard and two to port. Only picked up
two (three if you count me, I'd like to give him that but I'm only
critiquing the troll) on the run.

True he was probably running a couple hundred RPMs too fast and he
had, for the most part, last season's bait out and more than likely he
stole the GPS coordinates from another charter boat, but he was in
waters that had been underfished as of late.

I think you might rethink you're assessment.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

1) Scotty ...............etc.

Rats! Not even an honourable mention, :-(

Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ---------------------
For a secure high performance FTP using SSL/TLS encryption
upgrade to SurgeFTP
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgeftp.htm ----
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Rats! Not even an honourable mention, :-(

Marty, the problem is that I like you.
Sorry.

RB
35s5