Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:52:20 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:35:56 -0700, Canuck57

All these
bailout for Obama dollars types just got a suttle message. Get your
freeking dirty greedy selfish hands out of our tax pockets. Income tax
was never meant for corrupt corporations kissing up to democrats.

ROFLMAO!!! the ONLY people the GOP gives tax cuts to are the rich.

capital gains tax was 38% when reagan took office. when bush left they
were 15%

when's the last time the MIDDLE CLASS got a 50% tax cut?

What is your definition of middle class and rich?

middle class: 20-80 percentiles

rich: top 5% of income bracket

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:56:18 -0500, Bruce wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:35:56 -0700,
wrote:

actually it was bernanke, bush's fed chairman...left little choice
after 8 years of GOP free market fundamentalism

All these

bailout for Obama dollars types just got a suttle message. Get your
freeking dirty greedy selfish hands out of our tax pockets. Income tax
was never meant for corrupt corporations kissing up to democrats.

ROFLMAO!!! the ONLY people the GOP gives tax cuts to are the rich.

capital gains tax was 38% when reagan took office. when bush left they
were 15%

when's the last time the MIDDLE CLASS got a 50% tax cut?

If they invested, they would see the same results. Do you understand
that it wasn't a 50% tax cut?

actually you're correct. it was greater than 50%

the middle class got screwed even more.t hanks for pointing that out

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:52:20 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

What is your definition of middle class and rich?

Me. :)

Are you confirming the "bipolar" assessment that "someone" around here
throws out about you? 8)

"Bruce" wrote

Hopefully Obama's can set aside his ego and take this for what it is. A
look into the future.

Is it me, or is he looking angry and showing his teeth a lot lately? He's
never going to get out of this alive if he keeps up his angst level. One of
those veins in his forehead is just going to pop one day.

Steve

bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:35:56 -0700, Canuck57

All these
bailout for Obama dollars types just got a suttle message. Get your
freeking dirty greedy selfish hands out of our tax pockets. Income tax
was never meant for corrupt corporations kissing up to democrats.

ROFLMAO!!! the ONLY people the GOP gives tax cuts to are the rich.

capital gains tax was 38% when reagan took office. when bush left they
were 15%

when's the last time the MIDDLE CLASS got a 50% tax cut?

What is your definition of middle class and rich?

middle class: 20-80 percentiles

rich: top 5% of income bracket

So you are saying a family making $150k is "rich"?

That 5% does pay 60% of the taxes so I guess somebody thinks so.

uh...no. there's also upper middle class.

BTW the capital gains reduction from 39% to 28% was in 1979 (Carter)

It dropped to 20% in 1997 (Clinton) and Bush took it to 15%

The GOP contribution to your 50% tax cut was 10% of it.

uh...no. the GOP controlled the congress under clinton. so they
forced the 30% reduction from 39 to 28. right before they impeached
clinton.

There was a one year period of 20% during the Reagan administration
but it was back to 38% when he left.
That is not exactly what you posted or what you implied.

it seems you got it just a bit wrong...

If they repeal this and allow the cap gains tax to rise, expect a big
"correction" in the market as people cash in their profits before the
tax kicks in. Too bad if your money is in a 401k and you can't get out
but I guess we have already seen that happen recently.

of course this is bull****. there' so much money to be stolen by the
rich they won't do anything.

In article ,
says...

bpuharic wrote:
[...]

Did you expect anything else from our newest far left lying loon?

If they repeal this and allow the cap gains tax to rise, expect a big
"correction" in the market as people cash in their profits before the
tax kicks in. Too bad if your money is in a 401k and you can't get out
but I guess we have already seen that happen recently.

I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

bpuharic wrote:
[...]

Why would this discussion interest a lazybones can't-hold-a-job like
you, Snotty Scotty?

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:23:09 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:52:20 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

What is your definition of middle class and rich?

Me. :)

LMAO!
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

"Bruce" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:42:08 -0500, wrote:

capital gains tax was 38% when reagan took office. when bush left
they
were 15%

when's the last time the MIDDLE CLASS got a 50% tax cut?

BTW the capital gains reduction from 39% to 28% was in 1979 (Carter)

It dropped to 20% in 1997 (Clinton) and Bush took it to 15%

The GOP contribution to your 50% tax cut was 10% of it.

uh...no. the GOP controlled the congress under clinton. so they
forced the 30% reduction from 39 to 28. right before they impeached
clinton.

So we can blame the last 2 years of Bush on the Democrats?

There was a one year period of 20% during the Reagan administration
but it was back to 38% when he left.
That is not exactly what you posted or what you implied.

it seems you got it just a bit wrong...

Not so much Who said Reagan dropped the 38% ? (it was in the Carter
administration)

If they repeal this and allow the cap gains tax to rise, expect a big
"correction" in the market as people cash in their profits before the
tax kicks in. Too bad if your money is in a 401k and you can't get out
but I guess we have already seen that happen recently.

of course this is bull****. there' so much money to be stolen by the
rich they won't do anything.

I agree the rich are getting richer but if you make less than $65,000
you get the best deal on capital gains. (5%)

And, you have less money to begin with, thus your "best deal" isn't so
great. Let's say you claim $10K in capital gains and pay 5%. Your net is
$9500. Cool. Now, let's say you claim $100K in capital gains and pay 20%
(just for fun). Your net is $80K. So, looking at it in actual dollars,
which
is the "better deal" or rather, which one would you rather have?

It's a measure of success.

Yes, it's a measure of financial success. Your point? "Getting the best
deal" doesn't mean actually making a lot of money.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"bpuharic" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:59:19 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:40:24 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

There was a one year period of 20% during the Reagan administration
but it was back to 38% when he left.
That is not exactly what you posted or what you implied.

Did you expect anything else from our newest far left lying loon?

guess you didn't know the dems, under carter, raised capital gains to
almost 40%

http://www.urban.org/publications/1000519.html

And what was inflation under Carter? Huge tax increase that inflation.

Brown Wins, Democrats bit the dust Canuck57[_9_] General 144 January 28th 10 09:09 AM
River Ice Breaking 04 L D'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 1 April 12th 08 08:35 PM
breaking news Jim General 1 February 1st 08 02:41 AM
Evinrude E-TEC wins 24 hr. race in Rouen France Billgran General 8 May 9th 06 12:55 PM
Republican Wins Ohio Congressional Race Bert Robbins General 12 August 3rd 05 05:09 PM