Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:04:11 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"bpuharic" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:46:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

All that does is raise the overall tax bar. Eventually the taxes paid by
all will go up
proportionally or consistent with a progressive tax structure.

Taxes for the government is like honey to bears.

and wages paid to the middle class is viewed by companies as an
unnecessary expense.

Oh, please.

Isn't that chip on your shoulder starting to get sorta heavy?

oh please. have you looked at your 401K?

Eisboch

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:58:16 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

A key and necessary ingredient to a successful company is growth.

growth in what?

productivity. and you can do this by reducing headcount and making
people 'work harder'.

Growth is
not possible
without the contributions of qualified and competent employees. Profit
optimization is also key and automation may replace people for some jobs,
but overall the health and future prosperity of a company is largely
dependent on it's employees and growth means more of them. Any honest
business owner knows this. For any product or service there is an ideal $$
in revenue per employee ratio to strive for.

or you j ust make 'em work longer hours, no vacation etc

americans already work 20% more than any other country in the
industrialized world. american workers have been sold a bill of goods
so long they honestly believe it

the social democracies of europe are just as rich as we are. they have
more vacation and universal healthcare

but our rich folks are richer than their rich folks. and to the right
wing, that's the only thing that matters

That's where the current economic geniuses in Washington have missed the
boat while they have their noses stuck in their textbook reviews of
Keynesian economics. Contrary to popular current opinion, not all business
is bad and growing businesses create jobs.

for businesses to grow you need people to spend

people only spend if they have a good income and feel secure in their
jobs

how's that working out?

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:40:09 -0500, Harry
wrote:

The top brackets ought to be paying 49%, and there should be no cap on
earnings subject to social security and medicare taxes.

As long as the top 1% controls 50% of the campaign contributions and
100% of the media you won't see that. They may pass that as the
published top rate but there will be enough tax shelters and loopholes
so they won't actually pay that.
The government has a long rich history of using the tax code to drive
social policy. If you do politically correct things you get tax
breaks, big ones.

Is why there will never be a flat tax. Taxation is the ultimate
control.

A flat tax is regressive.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Actually is neither Regressive or Progressive.

You're just wrong. I don't know how to say it politely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_tax

--
Nom=de=Plume

I will state it impolitely. You are stupid. By definition a Flat tax is
neither progressive or regressive. It is a set percentage. If you give an
exemption to lower income, it is modified flat tax and is then slightly
progressive.

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:26:38 -0600, thunder
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:55:46 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

and the SCOTUS just ****ed us again. they ruled companies can do
whatever they want in terms of paying for campaigns.

this country, courtesy of the right wing, may be doomed

Oh yee of little faith. While I'll agree the SCOTUS decision is the
absolutely wrong one, you are starting to sound like a Republican,

given the fact 1 senator can deny healthcare to millions, our
political process is seriously ****ed up. it's time to disband the
senate

all
doom and gloom. If there is one thing I have learned, in my short time
on this planet, is this country is incredibly resilient. It's people are
the hardest working, most creative, people you will find. We have faced
far more difficult challenges than this current SCOTUS. We will survive,
and we will prosper. Hell, eight years of Bush hasn't killed us. Need I
say more?

you have a point. i hope folks dont forget bush. but it looks like
mebbe they are.

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:55:46 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

and the SCOTUS just ****ed us again. they ruled companies can do
whatever they want in terms of paying for campaigns.

this country, courtesy of the right wing, may be doomed

Oh yee of little faith. While I'll agree the SCOTUS decision is the
absolutely wrong one, you are starting to sound like a Republican, all
doom and gloom. If there is one thing I have learned, in my short time
on this planet, is this country is incredibly resilient. It's people are
the hardest working, most creative, people you will find. We have faced
far more difficult challenges than this current SCOTUS. We will survive,
and we will prosper. Hell, eight years of Bush hasn't killed us. Need I
say more?

It's OK for Democrats to bribe each other with taxpayer money, but not
OK for both Democrats and Republicans to recieve corporate money.

Liberal thinking is quite strange.

now let's see...which justices voted to allow even MORE corruption in
the system?

oh...the conservative ones

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:58:42 -0500, Bruce wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:21:58 -0500, wrote:

the rich got a HUGE tax break as their incomes skyrocketed

Same taxes. What's wrong with success?

?? how is raiding the middle class via CDO's to enrich goldman sach
'success'?

it's theft. but the right calls it 'success'

which is one reason this country is ****ed

wrote:

[...]

I can't wait to see the Venezuelan oil company ads... :)

Brown Wins, Democrats bit the dust Canuck57[_9_] General 144 January 28th 10 09:09 AM
River Ice Breaking 04 L D'Bonnie Tall Ship Photos 1 April 12th 08 08:35 PM
breaking news Jim General 1 February 1st 08 02:41 AM
Evinrude E-TEC wins 24 hr. race in Rouen France Billgran General 8 May 9th 06 12:55 PM
Republican Wins Ohio Congressional Race Bert Robbins General 12 August 3rd 05 05:09 PM