bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default BREAKING: Brown Wins in Mass. Race

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:53:52 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:40:24 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:52:20 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:35:56 -0700, Canuck57

All these
bailout for Obama dollars types just got a suttle message. Get your
freeking dirty greedy selfish hands out of our tax pockets. Income tax
was never meant for corrupt corporations kissing up to democrats.

ROFLMAO!!! the ONLY people the GOP gives tax cuts to are the rich.

capital gains tax was 38% when reagan took office. when bush left they
were 15%

when's the last time the MIDDLE CLASS got a 50% tax cut?

What is your definition of middle class and rich?

middle class: 20-80 percentiles

rich: top 5% of income bracket

So you are saying a family making $150k is "rich"?

That 5% does pay 60% of the taxes so I guess somebody thinks so.

uh...no. there's also upper middle class.

BTW the capital gains reduction from 39% to 28% was in 1979 (Carter)

It dropped to 20% in 1997 (Clinton) and Bush took it to 15%

The GOP contribution to your 50% tax cut was 10% of it.

uh...no. the GOP controlled the congress under clinton. so they
forced the 30% reduction from 39 to 28. right before they impeached
clinton.

There was a one year period of 20% during the Reagan administration
but it was back to 38% when he left.
That is not exactly what you posted or what you implied.

it seems you got it just a bit wrong...

If they repeal this and allow the cap gains tax to rise, expect a big
"correction" in the market as people cash in their profits before the
tax kicks in. Too bad if your money is in a 401k and you can't get out
but I guess we have already seen that happen recently.

of course this is bull****. there' so much money to be stolen by the
rich they won't do anything.