Default Just curious

"Anony Mouse" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day
cruise would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I do currently, and have owned one or more boats for the past 40+ years.
Not one of them was a lobster-type boat, I'm proud to report.

Well, I did have one once. But the claws dragging in the water made it so
damn slow that I got rid of it.

Steve

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 1:39 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I have two boats, a small 18' that I use more frequently thant he 23.
i haven't gone boating 12 times in the last three years. due to
reasons.

three years ago, my wife was diagnosed with Lymphoma. that took a lot
of time out of our lives. i went out once.

two years ago fuel got up to $4.30 a gallon. i went out once.

Last year, due to odd weather and lots of activities, i went out once.

Hope fully this year will be different. And we'll be able to hit the
lake much more often.

reply: You're grandfathered in, then. Hope the wife gets to feeling better
real soon. Maybe some fresh air and sunshine might help.

Steve

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 1, 6:26*pm, Gene wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:31:36 -0500, Jonn wrote:
That is the reason this has never been a boating group.

It hasn't always been that way....

agreed!

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 1, 6:39*pm, RLM wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:26:05 -0500, Gene wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:31:36 -0500, Jonn wrote:

That is the reason this has never been a boating group.

It hasn't always been that way....

I remember when there were some here that could give advice on a number of
subjects from sanitation and holding tanks to professional motor repair.
That's been years ago. *

Not counting hull repair and re-finishing, as well as fishing, fishing
gear, great boating places and adventures, general boating news and
laws/regulations, favorite gerrin' spots for tools, parts, manuals,
marine wear, electronics, navigational aids.....and the list could go
on and on.......

Tim wrote:
On Jan 1, 6:39 pm, RLM wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:26:05 -0500, Gene wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:31:36 -0500, Jonn wrote:
That is the reason this has never been a boating group.
It hasn't always been that way....

I remember when there were some here that could give advice on a number of
subjects from sanitation and holding tanks to professional motor repair.
That's been years ago.

Not counting hull repair and re-finishing, as well as fishing, fishing
gear, great boating places and adventures, general boating news and
laws/regulations, favorite gerrin' spots for tools, parts, manuals,
marine wear, electronics, navigational aids.....and the list could go
on and on.......

That was prior to the infestation of non-boaters and posters like
flajim, DK, loogy, herring, and the rest of the morons.

"Gene" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:31:36 -0500, Jonn wrote:

That is the reason this has never been a boating group.

It hasn't always been that way....

Rec.boats took a decided downturn during the campaign and elections of 2000.
It has never recovered.

So you see, it's all Bush's fault.

Eisboch

P.S. Happy New Year

mgg mgg is offline

"Steve B" wrote in message
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I have a 23' Yamaha twin engine jetboat. Its a great family boat, and yes,
we generally get out more than 12 times per year. Unless we get some serious
rain around here, there my be very little boating next season though.

--Mike

jps jps is offline

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:25:27 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:31:36 -0500, Jonn wrote:

That is the reason this has never been a boating group.

It hasn't always been that way....

Rec.boats took a decided downturn during the campaign and elections of 2000.
It has never recovered.

So you see, it's all Bush's fault.

Eisboch

P.S. Happy New Year

Even Peggy Hall was a partisan in 2000. Some of the best sources of
information took sides.

Is was certainly a more interesting group back then. You could fight
about politics and still exchange information.

We were all a decade younger.

Steve B wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I have a small 20' center console with a 150HP Yamaha 4-stroke motor.

Bruce

On Jan 1, 2:39*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? *A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I'm restoring a 1966 20 foot Chris Craft Sea-V. Some here have seen
these shots already over a different topic of Boat Lettering.I do 100%
of the work (or get drunk after trying). Here's some photos.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...teriorShot.jpg

Shows the floors removed, and sub-frames installed after rebuild.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...1/P1010026.jpg

Bow shot showing the large flare. Keeps you dry in heavy Stuff. The
Trailer cleaned up really nice, with a wire brushing and Tremclad
Yellow, with Hunter Green Fenders and Rims.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...1/P1010025.jpg

Port side.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...1/P1010027.jpg

Stern shot, showing home-made letters (I bought them, and painted
them).

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f.../P10100021.jpg

And lastly, a close-up of my funky 3-D attempt on the letters. Enjoy.

* I certify I have not pulled an asswipe move by spoofing any ones ID
during the posting of this reply*

Curious? Jeff Davis ASA 0 May 13th 08 03:15 PM
curious NotPony ASA 20 January 3rd 05 05:03 PM
Just curious Harry Krause General 0 December 13th 03 03:58 PM
Curious about a crash? Bertie the Bunyip ASA 4 August 8th 03 08:23 AM
Just curious. stealth General 7 July 14th 03 12:03 AM