BoatBanter.com

-   -   Just curious (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/112715-just-curious.html)

Frogwatch January 1st 10 06:50 PM

Just curious

On Jan 1, 2:39*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? *A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I think I have 8 boats but if I mow the lawn I might find another.

Bill McKee January 1st 10 07:10 PM

Just curious

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 2:39 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I think I have 8 boats but if I mow the lawn I might find another.

Canoe, Kayak, looking to buy another yak, float tube and 21' aluminum jet
boat.

I am Tosk January 1st 10 07:12 PM

Just curious

In article ,
says...

How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I own a couple of small boats;) This year however was the first year
that I didn't get out into one as I was totally consumed in my kids
sport which is a full time job in itself;). I do plan on spending some
time on the boat this season however... So what am I hear for? I still
have a huge interest in boats and presume they will be a part of my life
again when I am done with the kids;)

Harry[_2_] January 1st 10 07:23 PM

Just curious

Steve B wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

Several boats, but there are any number of posters here with no boat.
Among these: flajim, who gets his jollies here spoofing the ID of
others; loogie, the newsgroup idiot, and on rare occasions, eisboch, a
perfectly decent guy who apparently sold off his last boat recently.

Jonn January 1st 10 07:31 PM

Just curious

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:39:14 -0800, Steve B wrote:

How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

Most here can't fix anything on a boat. Can't tie any usable knots. Can't
back a trailer. Can't check the oil in a tow vehicle. Don't know .

That is the reason this has never been a boating group. Just a bunch of
turds that would get their ass handed to them in any other group.

You fit the mold . You'll make a great addition to the dopey army.

Harry[_2_] January 1st 10 07:37 PM

Just curious

Jim wrote:
Jonn wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:39:14 -0800, Steve B wrote:

How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day
cruise would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

Most here can't fix anything on a boat. Can't tie any usable knots. Can't
back a trailer. Can't check the oil in a tow vehicle. Don't know .

That is the reason this has never been a boating group. Just a bunch of
turds that would get their ass handed to them in any other group.

You fit the mold . You'll make a great addition to the dopey army.

Hi Slammer.

"Jim" is among the boatless. In fact, he's got nothing in his life,
which is why he spoofs the IDs of others here.

Right, Jim?

Steve B[_2_] January 1st 10 09:01 PM

Just curious

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 2:39 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

I think I have 8 boats but if I mow the lawn I might find another.

Canoe, Kayak, looking to buy another yak, float tube and 21' aluminum jet
boat.

That's great, but it doesn't cover 7 people who do not have boats. g

Steve

Steve B[_2_] January 1st 10 09:05 PM

Just curious

"Jonn" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:39:14 -0800, Steve B wrote:

How many people here own a boat?

How many people here go boating at least 12 times a year? A 12 day
cruise
would qualify.

Or do they just come here for the entertainment value?

Just curious.

Steve

Most here can't fix anything on a boat. Can't tie any usable knots. Can't
back a trailer. Can't check the oil in a tow vehicle. Don't know .

That is the reason this has never been a boating group. Just a bunch of
turds that would get their ass handed to them in any other group.

You fit the mold . You'll make a great addition to the dopey army.

It must suck to be you, and have your reading comprehension level. BTW, I
have two boats, and can do everything you mention. I can tie knots
blindfolded, as that was the way we did it underwater with zero visibility.
How about you?

Now, back to the original question, Sparky.

DO YOU HAVE A ****ING BOAT OR JUST HANG AROUND THE BIG KIDS WHO DO?

Steve