jps jps is offline

Default Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:01:19 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@gigan ews.com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg.

Wasn't Afg a brand of film?
Seem to remember that.

--Vic

I think it is/was... Kodacrome, those nice bright colors...

That'd be Agfa.

Maybe you're thinking of Alf, the Muppet.

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:08:24 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

Afga, I think.
--

Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!

John H
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

"jps" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:01:19 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:41vki55ivdn4lbtu29feonab3443eiudna@4ax. com...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

Agfa... that's it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

Why don't you think he doesn't lie enough?

Perhaps the better liar was a better politician in the past, but it doesn't
cut it now.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Rob Rob is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg., but can't see a better
alternative, and I trust Obama has looked at it from every angle and
picked
the least worst action. I'm also not happy with his seeming lack of
commitment wrt to healthcare. I don't know what to make of that.

I agree though... Steward is amazing. Thank God for him.

He does have that Nobel Peace Prize to live up to.

Rob

You are such a bizarre guy. You seem to think it's all about personal
putdowns, when 1000's are dying and millions are at risk. Some stand-up
citizen...

Obama is struggling to be just that.

Rob Rob is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

He's doing just fine as a citizen and as a president.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

Amazingly stupid response from you. He's ... umm... the president. He's
accomplished more than someone who might or might not get elected to
Congress just be being president.
--
Nom=de=Plume

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

I guess you haven't been keeping up. He's created millions of jobs. He's
saved millions of homes from foreclosure. He's cut the national debt, and
has a plan to have it down to zero by the time he leaves office. Everyone
gets free health care, and by doing that, the debt will actually be
reduced until it starts saving so much money, there will be a huge surplus
that we can send to underdeveloped countries to assuage our guilt over
being so successful.

At least, that's what the nurse just told me when I woke up from a coma

Steve

I guess you haven't caught up... the economy is getting better, Iraq is
winding down, the job situation is improving. He's dealing with Gitmo.
Basically, he's attempting to fix the screwups from the previous adm.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Our next president Doug Kanter General 75 April 29th 06 12:06 PM
Our next president! HarryKrause General 1 July 16th 05 09:59 PM
I am the President! Capt. Neal® ASA 180 December 7th 04 10:51 AM
( OT) Help your president Jim General 25 April 21st 04 04:51 PM
( OT ) Do we have a gay president? Jim General 1 March 30th 04 08:52 PM