Jim

Default ( OT) Help your president

Reposted Links didn't take

Help your president

The president had a hard time last night recalling his biggest mistake.
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro...ies/index.html
Help him remember by voting here.
http://www.americanprogress.org/site...RJ8OVF&b=45639

Tuuk

Help the president????

Looks like you need help making a post?? I guess its easy to point out your
last mistake. But you do this all day long??? And you poke fun at the
president,,,,
I bet your shaking your head as we speak.......

____m___~ΏΤ___m____

Jim wrote:

Reposted Links didn't take

Help your president

The president had a hard time last night recalling his biggest mistake.
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro...ies/index.html
Help him remember by voting here.
http://www.americanprogress.org/site...RJ8OVF&b=45639

Invading Iraq without a plan for the aftermath.

Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD.

Failing to send U.S. troops into Tora Bora to capture Osama bin Laden in
November 2001.

Disparaging Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki when he said more troops would be
needed in Iraq.

Focusing on missile defense while ignoring repeated warnings of an imminent
al Qaeda attack before 9/11.

What? No, "All of the above".
--
__________m___~ΏΤ___m____________________________
John Gaquin

"____m___~ΏΤ___m____" wrote in message

....ignoring repeated warnings of an imminent
al Qaeda attack before 9/11.

What planet are you on? Would you enjoy a remedial reading course?

Jim

Poll results

The Progress Report asked its readers (you may recall) to help President
Bush name his biggest national security mistake since taking office. 22,000

1. Invading Iraq without a plan for the aftermath, 34.09%
2. Focusing on missile defense while ignoring repeated warnings of an
imminent al Qaeda attack before 9/11, 32.55%
3. Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD, 26.34%
4. Failing to send U.S. troops into Tora Bora to capture Osama bin Laden in
November 2001, 5%
5. Disparaging Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki when he said more troops would be
needed in Iraq, 1.71%

"Jim" wrote in message
Reposted Links didn't take

Help your president

The president had a hard time last night recalling his biggest mistake.
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_ro...ies/index.html
Help him remember by voting here.
http://www.americanprogress.org/site...RJ8OVF&b=45639

John Gaquin

"Jim" wrote in message news:qVAgc.1828
Poll results

The Progress Report asked its readers (you may recall) to help President
Bush name his biggest national security mistake since taking office.

22,000

This "poll" shows nothing more than the power of repetitive media
pronouncements to influence public opinion.

1. Invading Iraq without a plan for the aftermath, 34.09%

Insisting that there was "no plan" is foolish and presumptuous. Of course
there was a plan. Neither does observing that the original plan has not
worked particularly well require a great degree of astutness.

2. Focusing on missile defense while ignoring repeated warnings of an
imminent al Qaeda attack before 9/11, 32.55%

There were no "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack before
9/11..."

3. Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD, 26.34%

Iraq *did* possess B & C weapons, and *did* have a nuclear program aborning.

4. Failing to send U.S. troops into Tora Bora to capture Osama bin Laden

in
November 2001, 5%

This truly was a tactical mistake -- no way around that. Telling that only
5% recognize it as such.

Jim

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:57:41 -0400, John Gaquin
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message news:qVAgc.1828
Poll results

The Progress Report asked its readers (you may recall) to help President
Bush name his biggest national security mistake since taking office.

22,000

This "poll" shows nothing more than the power of repetitive media
pronouncements to influence public opinion.

Did you respond?

1. Invading Iraq without a plan for the aftermath, 34.09%

Insisting that there was "no plan" is foolish and presumptuous. Of
course
there was a plan. Neither does observing that the original plan has not
worked particularly well require a great degree of astutness.

Yep as I recall the "plan?" was that our guys would be greated with food
and flowers -- Bushes wet dream

2. Focusing on missile defense while ignoring repeated warnings of an
imminent al Qaeda attack before 9/11, 32.55%

There were no "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack before
9/11..."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=513&ncid=716

Excerpt:
The CIA warned as early as 1995 that Islamic extremists were likely to
attack U.S. aviation,
Washington landmarks or Wall Street and by 1997 had identified Osama bin
Laden as an
emerging threat on U.S. soil, a senior intelligence official said
Thursday.

The report specifically warned that civil aviation, Washington landmarks
such as the White House
and Capitol and buildings on Wall Street were at the greatest risk of a
domestic terror attack
by Muslim extremists, the official said.

3. Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD,
26.34%

Iraq *did* possess B & C weapons, and *did* have a nuclear program
aborning.

All past tense.

4. Failing to send U.S. troops into Tora Bora to capture Osama bin Laden

in
November 2001, 5%

This truly was a tactical mistake -- no way around that. Telling that
only
5% recognize it as such.

You forgot #5
5. Disparaging Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki when he said more troops would be
needed in Iraq, 1.71%

So now he (bush) has extended to duty of 20,000 troops

--
Jim
Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message news:qVAgc.1828

Poll results

The Progress Report asked its readers (you may recall) to help President
Bush name his biggest national security mistake since taking office.

22,000

This "poll" shows nothing more than the power of repetitive media
pronouncements to influence public opinion.

this poll and others show that the public finally is beginning to
realize Bush is full of crap, naive and liar.

1. Invading Iraq without a plan for the aftermath, 34.09%

Insisting that there was "no plan" is foolish and presumptuous. Of course
there was a plan. Neither does observing that the original plan has not
worked particularly well require a great degree of astutness.

What was that plan? Oh...our troops would be met with gifts of flowers
and virgins, or some nonsense.

2. Focusing on missile defense while ignoring repeated warnings of an
imminent al Qaeda attack before 9/11, 32.55%

There were no "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack before
9/11..."

Hehehe. Ignoring everything that has been revealed to date, eh? Wait,
there is more to come.
John Gaquin

"Jim" wrote in message

Yep as I recall the "plan?" was that our guys would be greated with food
and flowers -- Bushes wet dream

No, that's not, and never was, "the plan". That's a high-school level
attempt at clever snideness. And it doesn't work.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...on_go_ot/sept_
11_cia_warnings&cid=513&ncid=716

Excerpt:
The CIA warned as early as 1995

Two or three generic warnings, several years ago and some years apart, that
some or particular muslim terrorists might, at some time or other, want to
attack highly symbolic American targets, or hijack American airplanes, does
*not* constitute "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack...".
That level of prescience can be had at any working-man's breakfast coffee
shop.

3. Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD,
26.34%

Iraq *did* possess B & C weapons, and *did* have a nuclear program
aborning.

All past tense.

So what? The last best intelligence is all anyone can go by. We know they
had them. We know they used them. These are documented facts, and they are
incontrovertible.

You forgot #5
5. Disparaging Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki when he said more troops would

be needed in Iraq, 1.71%

I didn't forget, I ignored. Less than 2% thought it was a big mistake, and
I agree. Shinseki shouldn't have publicly dissed his boss, and W shouldn't
have publicly dealt with it.

So now he (bush) has extended to duty of 20,000 troops

Shinseki had a 50% chance of being right. No one really knew. Remember
Winston Churchill's quote.

last item. in future, please respond on the NG only.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:c5us59

What was that plan? Oh...our troops would be met with gifts of flowers
and virgins, or some nonsense.

There were no "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack

before
9/11..."

Hehehe. Ignoring everything that has been revealed to date, eh? Wait,
there is more to come.

See my response to Jim, above.