John Gaquin

Default ( OT) Help your president

"Jim" wrote in message

Yep as I recall the "plan?" was that our guys would be greated with food
and flowers -- Bushes wet dream

No, that's not, and never was, "the plan". That's a high-school level
attempt at clever snideness. And it doesn't work.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...on_go_ot/sept_
11_cia_warnings&cid=513&ncid=716

Excerpt:
The CIA warned as early as 1995

Two or three generic warnings, several years ago and some years apart, that
some or particular muslim terrorists might, at some time or other, want to
attack highly symbolic American targets, or hijack American airplanes, does
*not* constitute "...repeated warnings of an imminent al Qaeda attack...".
That level of prescience can be had at any working-man's breakfast coffee
shop.

3. Telling the American people that Iraq definitely possessed WMD,
26.34%

Iraq *did* possess B & C weapons, and *did* have a nuclear program
aborning.

All past tense.

So what? The last best intelligence is all anyone can go by. We know they
had them. We know they used them. These are documented facts, and they are
incontrovertible.

You forgot #5
5. Disparaging Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki when he said more troops would

be needed in Iraq, 1.71%

I didn't forget, I ignored. Less than 2% thought it was a big mistake, and
I agree. Shinseki shouldn't have publicly dissed his boss, and W shouldn't
have publicly dealt with it.

So now he (bush) has extended to duty of 20,000 troops

Shinseki had a 50% chance of being right. No one really knew. Remember
Winston Churchill's quote.

last item. in future, please respond on the NG only.