Default Boat Crap - Century Boats Kaput

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ury-boats.html

Anybody ever have one of these?
Look like decent boats.
Too bad.

--Vic

Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 5, 9:22*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ury-boats.html

Anybody ever have one of these?
Look like decent boats.
Too bad.

--Vic

I didn't know Century was owned by yammerhammer.

Like the article said, Vic.you're gonna see a lot more of this stuff.

Vic Smith wrote:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ury-boats.html

Anybody ever have one of these?
Look like decent boats.
Too bad.

--Vic

Sad to see, but the company in question was no more Century Boats than
today's Evinrudes are Evinrudes.

On Dec 5, 10:22*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ury-boats.html

Anybody ever have one of these?
Look like decent boats.
Too bad.

--Vic

I love the 60s Century Resorter. Nice looking boat.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ury-boats.html

Anybody ever have one of these?
Look like decent boats.
Too bad.

--Vic

The recently defunct "Century" was a Century in name only. Yamaha bought
the old Century name
several years ago and produced CC boats as platforms to sell their engines.

My second salt water boat was an original, old, '82 or '84 Century 7000
Express. Tank of a boat but it was a lot of fun. Cozy little cabin but a
narrow beam. That boat was my introduction to the expenses involved
with boating. As I look back now, it was basically a basket case that
needed to be rebuilt over the two or
three years I had it.

I remember one of the problems was a leak in the hydraulic lines that
controlled
the tilt/trim of the outdrive. The leak was small so the leg could operate,
but once you got the boat
up on plane and the leg nicely trimmed out, the leak would slowly allow the
leg to trim back in. This resulted in the boat suddenly shifting to a
severe bow steering situation that was a little hairy at higher speeds.
Initially, I didn't have a clue what was happening and thought it was
sinking.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Vic Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Century built some beautiful wood boats in the late 1940's and through
the 1950's, mahogany and lapstrake.

wrote in message

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 06:44:28 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

I remember one of the problems was a leak in the hydraulic lines that
controlled
the tilt/trim of the outdrive. The leak was small so the leg could
operate,
but once you got the boat
up on plane and the leg nicely trimmed out, the leak would slowly allow
the
leg to trim back in. This resulted in the boat suddenly shifting to a
severe bow steering situation that was a little hairy at higher speeds.
Initially, I didn't have a clue what was happening and thought it was
sinking.

Eisboch

Don't those things have a pin you install to limit the down stop?
My old Mariner OB suffered with a similar problem and I had the pin
set to the optimal "down" location. I lived with it for years until it
wouldn't tilt out any more. Then I rebuilt the hydraulics.

This was an I/O. Early Alpha1, I think. I don't remember them having pins
to limit
the trim "in".

Besides, I didn't know what was happening fhe first few times. I'd clipping
along on a
plane when suddenly the bow would start to bury it's self into the water.

Eisboch

Holy Crap...Loogy Looses Diarrhea on Rec.Boats D 1 General 0 August 15th 09 01:36 AM
Circuit City Kaput hk General 163 January 20th 09 08:01 AM
Chinese boat crap [email protected] General 40 May 2nd 08 04:42 AM
Baja Boats Kaput? HK General 21 April 9th 08 10:45 PM
Albin Marine kaput HK General 4 November 9th 07 05:08 PM