Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Boat Crap - Century Boats Kaput

wrote in message

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 06:44:28 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

I remember one of the problems was a leak in the hydraulic lines that
controlled
the tilt/trim of the outdrive. The leak was small so the leg could
operate,
but once you got the boat
up on plane and the leg nicely trimmed out, the leak would slowly allow
the
leg to trim back in. This resulted in the boat suddenly shifting to a
severe bow steering situation that was a little hairy at higher speeds.
Initially, I didn't have a clue what was happening and thought it was
sinking.

Eisboch

Don't those things have a pin you install to limit the down stop?
My old Mariner OB suffered with a similar problem and I had the pin
set to the optimal "down" location. I lived with it for years until it
wouldn't tilt out any more. Then I rebuilt the hydraulics.

This was an I/O. Early Alpha1, I think. I don't remember them having pins
to limit
the trim "in".

Besides, I didn't know what was happening fhe first few times. I'd clipping
along on a
plane when suddenly the bow would start to bury it's self into the water.

Eisboch