Default Another reason for hunting...

Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 30, 7:05*pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

John H

John, I have a close friend who is widowed with two teenage kids and
is on disability. he has two ruptured discs in his back and has had
two heart operations, and even though being only 54, his heart doc
says he's running out of options. And because of his strict
medications, he can't have his back worked on (which could be
repaired) because they'd have to take his heart meds away, thus he
could actually die on the operating table, so he was granted
disability. Anyhow, he's a country boy who used to be an avid hunter
himself. So......

What some of the neighbors and other good 'ol boys do every season, is
whack all the deer they are permitted, dress them and give them to the
friend. Because venison is very lean meat it's better for him than
pork chops and bacon etc. He has 4 freezers full every fall hunting
season.

15 deer will last he and his kids for a year.

To me, that's good humanitarian relief.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:12:04 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 30, 7:05*pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

[...]

That's *damn* good. Hell, I wish I had some friends like you!
--

John H

wrote:

On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

[...]

You'd have to be a friend like that to others to expect similar treatment.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

[...]

You'd have to be a friend like that to others to expect similar treatment..- Hide quoted text -

Well, Don. John's been kind to me and has helped me with some computer
problems which I feel is minimal for a friendship base. And for his
help I'm grateful .

I shake my head and wonder why all the usnet wars. I still can't
understand i, and probably wont.

Oh well......

Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 1, 9:41*am, Tim wrote:
On Dec 1, 8:00*am, "Don White" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

[...]

Oh well......- Hide quoted text -

BTW, his spagetti recipe is fantastic!

wrote:
On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving
During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.
From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--
[...]

No offense, Tim, but if you want some help with computer problems, you
can do a lot better here than herring.

wrote:
On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving
During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.
From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--
[...]

None better than me. Who did you have in mind?

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
achmed the sock puppet,or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting

wrote:
On Nov 30, 7:05 pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving
During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.
From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

Tim, JohnH doesn't know **** about computers. If really want help, ask me.

On Nov 30, 8:05*pm, John H wrote:
Sportsmen Share the Bounty at Thanksgiving

During this season of Thanksgiving, sportsmen are sharing the bounty
of our fields and forests in many ways. Food banks need donations now
more than ever. Hunters are providing much needed protein to
Virginia's needy families by donating a deer, or a portion of it, to
Hunters for the Hungry. The potential exists to receive, process, and
distribute 500,000 pounds of venison annually to the less fortunate
across Virginia. Since Hunters for the Hungry was founded in 1991,
more than 3.6 million pounds, equal to 13.5 million servings, of
venison have been distributed in Virginia.

From the Virginia "Outdoor Report".
--

John H

Do you mean hunting strictly for food, or just slaughter? Where I
lived in NY deer were so numerous people just didn't think about them
being over hunted. "City folk" from Rochester, Syracuse, and Buffalo
would come down just to shoot their limit, parade around the bars with
them on their trucks until they rotted, then throw them on the local
dump. That sucked and it still does.

Daughter wants to go hunting Frogwatch[_2_] General 25 August 24th 09 03:08 PM
Pirate Hunting Canuck57[_7_] General 26 May 20th 09 05:59 AM
Pirate Hunting Tim General 0 May 19th 09 04:03 AM
O/T 'Canned hunting' on CNN Don White General 29 December 2nd 03 10:26 PM