Default Another reason for hunting...

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:54:39 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:00:03 -0500, John H
wrote:

Well, you oughta try one, just for the hell of it. I'd never buy one
in a restaurant, unless my wife wanted it, but when in Maine there are
roadside stands that sell it. Not a bad price then, and those folks
know what they're doing. Butter isn't necessary. Lobster's pretty good
without it.

I'll keep that in mind whenever I get to Maine.
Pretty sure if I was in that general area lobster eating would be
second nature for me.
But I won't know until I get there.
Out of curiosity, what's lobster taste like? Chicken?

--Vic

Like a four pound shrimp, with a nicer flavor.
--

John H
mgg mgg is offline

wrote:

Well, you oughta try one, just for the hell of it. I'd never buy one
in a restaurant, unless my wife wanted it, but when in Maine there are
roadside stands that sell it. Not a bad price then, and those folks
know what they're doing. Butter isn't necessary. Lobster's pretty good
without it.

I'll keep that in mind whenever I get to Maine.
Pretty sure if I was in that general area lobster eating would be
second nature for me.
But I won't know until I get there.
Out of curiosity, what's lobster taste like? Chicken?

--Vic

Like a four pound shrimp, with a nicer flavor.
--

MUCH nicer flavor. I grew up in New England, and the old clam bake was
standard summertime fare. Clams, lobster, corn... all from the same pot.

--Mike

Daughter wants to go hunting Frogwatch[_2_] General 25 August 24th 09 03:08 PM
Pirate Hunting Canuck57[_7_] General 26 May 20th 09 05:59 AM
Pirate Hunting Tim General 0 May 19th 09 04:03 AM
O/T 'Canned hunting' on CNN Don White General 29 December 2nd 03 10:26 PM