Default Daughter wants to go hunting

My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

Frogwatch wrote:
My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

I think you and your kid ought to go hunting with a camera, a monopod
and a tele lens.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

I'm guessing she'll feel really bad watching Bambi or Thumper struggle for
it's last breath in front of her.
On the other hand...if she enjoys blasting the critters, you may have lots
of free meat.

Frogwatch wrote:
My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

My son had shown some desire because his friend and friend's dad hunted.
I talked to him about it, he's a softy about animals like me, and I told
him how hard it was on me the first and last time I shot a deer. He
understood and hadn't mentioned it since. So maybe a good talk, about
all of the suggestion I have!
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 21, 12:49*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. *I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. *I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. *Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. *Dunno, what y'all think?

I'm guessing she'll feel really bad watching Bambi or Thumper struggle for
it's last breath in front of her.
On the other hand...if she enjoys blasting the critters, you may have lots
of free meat.

With the right shot there's no struggle at all.

The only thing I *hunt* is pests like ground hogs and skunks. And it's
been a long time since I whacked a deer. I usually have a better
chance with getting them with my car. (two last year)

But for game hunting I have no problem with it. *trophy* hunting? I
think thats different.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message

My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

I'm guessing she'll feel really bad watching Bambi or Thumper struggle for
it's last breath in front of her.
On the other hand...if she enjoys blasting the critters, you may have lots
of free meat.

With the right shot there's no struggle at all.

And the odds of a 13-year-old making the "right" shot are...?
Tim Tim is offline

"Frogwatch" wrote in message

My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. *I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. *I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. *Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. *Dunno, what y'all think?
I'm guessing she'll feel really bad watching Bambi or Thumper struggle for
it's last breath in front of her.
On the other hand...if she enjoys blasting the critters, you may have lots
of free meat.

With the right shot there's no struggle at all.

And the odds of a 13-year-old making the "right" shot are...?- Hide quoted text -

with proper firearm training and the right rifle/shotgun?

excellent!
mmc mmc is offline

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

Take away her talking Sarah Palin doll and she'll get over it.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. Dunno, what y'all think?

Out doors women, and I mean real outdoors women that do more than dress the
part are a premium. I grew up in outdoors country and the only reason
outdoors women were single was because they wanted it that way. Most are
fit, independant, intelligent and outgoing. Long term vegans are usually
sickly, weak, plastic irrational types.

To deny her the hunt or fishing, is to deny reality and foster a denial
attitude. There is no moral difference in eating a fish you caught, or one
someone else caught and skinned it for you. 1/2 our teeth are for meat, the
other half for grazing, so to be healthy we need a mixed diet. If we just
graze, we will look like cows.

PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals. Bambi and Bugs taste Great! And facing it
head on and accepting it makes a nice rational well rounded person.

Canuck57 wrote:

Out doors women, and I mean real outdoors women that do more than dress the
part are a premium. I grew up in outdoors country and the only reason
outdoors women were single was because they wanted it that way. Most are
fit, independant, intelligent and outgoing. Long term vegans are usually
sickly, weak, plastic irrational types.

What a jerk you are. There are plenty of vegetarian women who could rip
you in two, if they wanted to get that close.

Hydrilla and my 11 yr old daughter [email protected] General 4 April 16th 08 02:27 PM
My son this, my daughter that.... Bob Crantz ASA 7 April 27th 07 04:32 PM
Update on daughter John H. General 9 March 19th 07 08:26 PM
O/T 'Canned hunting' on CNN Don White General 29 December 2nd 03 10:26 PM