Tim Tim is offline

Default Daughter wants to go hunting

On Aug 21, 12:49*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

My 13 yr old daughter who fancies herself to be some sort of mountain
woman seriously wants to go hunting. *I have no interest in hunting
because I am so soft hearted I could not shoot at anything. *I think
she may be too because she says she feels sorry for the scallops we
pick up. *Yes, it might be a good experience for her to see that an
animal must die for us to have meat and turn her into a vegetarian but
she might also regret doing it. *Dunno, what y'all think?

I'm guessing she'll feel really bad watching Bambi or Thumper struggle for
it's last breath in front of her.
On the other hand...if she enjoys blasting the critters, you may have lots
of free meat.

With the right shot there's no struggle at all.

The only thing I *hunt* is pests like ground hogs and skunks. And it's
been a long time since I whacked a deer. I usually have a better
chance with getting them with my car. (two last year)

But for game hunting I have no problem with it. *trophy* hunting? I
think thats different.