Default Interesting export to Louisiana

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:52:50 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 18, 5:15Â*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:50:54 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 17, 9:37Â*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:14:27 -0400, "Don White"

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html

That is very cool.

When I attended LSU, I took a course in Cajun history and there was a
visiting professor presiding. Â*He was from France and was at LSU to
learn "country" French. Â*Apparently, there are only two places in the
world where original French, not Parisian French, is spoken - the
Cajun country of Louisiana and Nova Scotia. Â*He was studying the
differences and dialects (apparently there are five - can't remember
them all).

Interesting huh?

That does seem odd, Tom, because French is spoken all over the world
with different dialectics. Like French Guiana and Paraguay in South
America and as you well know, with various blends in SE Asia.

I wondr how much "country french" he was looking for?

Country as in rural areas fudge brain. Â*:)

Tom, I can barely type and you want me to digest all that?

Most languages have variations of this.
Original speakers of a language are isolated by geography, and as the
language moves on elsewhere, they don't.
Probably in a hundred years they'll be studying the people of
Collinsville to figure out what the word "grits" means.

--Vic

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:58:50 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:52:50 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 18, 5:15*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:50:54 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html

That is very cool.

When I attended LSU, I took a course in Cajun history and there was a
visiting professor presiding. *He was from France and was at LSU to
learn "country" French. *Apparently, there are only two places in the
world where original French, not Parisian French, is spoken - the
Cajun country of Louisiana and Nova Scotia. *He was studying the
differences and dialects (apparently there are five - can't remember
them all).

Interesting huh?

That does seem odd, Tom, because French is spoken all over the world
with different dialectics. Like French Guiana and Paraguay in South
America and as you well know, with various blends in SE Asia.

I wondr how much "country french" he was looking for?

Country as in rural areas fudge brain. *:)

Tom, I can barely type and you want me to digest all that?

Most languages have variations of this.

True, but not in codified form. Standard French is intentionally kept
static to protect it's "linguistic purity and clarity" - essentially,
much like Latin in that it's fairly well set in stone.

Most languages adopt, adapt and/or otherwise include words and phrases
- in that sense you are right.

Original speakers of a language are isolated by geography, and as the
language moves on elsewhere, they don't.

Also true, but I read somewhere that "original" languages are becoming
more and more rare. There is an effort to retain and teach these
languages or at least preserve them.

Probably in a hundred years they'll be studying the people of
Collinsville to figure out what the word "grits" means.

Or Maryland to figure out what Paste Eater means.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:57:49 -0500, Just John
wrote:

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html
That is very cool.

See also Chiac, a mixed language based on French and English, and
Saint Mary's Bay French, a distinct variety of Acadian French spoken
around Saint Mary's Bay, Nova Scotia.

OK, but the Germans still make the best bread in Europe.

No way. The Italians do.

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:20:31 -0500, achmed wrote:

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

In my opinion? Two come to mind, both I've used, one I own.

Taurus PT911 - I did some target shooting with this one at the Rod and
Gun club a couple of months back. I like it - has a really nice feel
to it and seems to be a good general purpose weapon.

FN Herstal FNP-9: This one I own and I like it a lot. Has a very
nice feel to it and because I have large hands, the ability to swap
out the back stop was handy. When I sold my two Glocks, the local
gunsmith recommended this one. It's a good choice for carry purposes
as it fits really nicely into my tuck holster.

Speaking of 9mm pistols, who makes the best commercial hot dog?

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html
That is very cool.

See also Chiac, a mixed language based on French and English, and
Saint Mary's Bay French, a distinct variety of Acadian French spoken
around Saint Mary's Bay, Nova Scotia.
OK, but the Germans still make the best bread in Europe.

No way. *The Italians do.

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

I wouldn't say the best, but you can pick up a surplus Czech CZ-82 in
9mm Makarov for about $180. 12+1 capacity, accurate, easily stripped
and cleaned, and reliable. You can pick up 500 rds of ammo for a
little more than $200. Hard to go wrong.

On 11/18/09 9:52 AM, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:20:31 -0500, wrote:

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

In my opinion? Two come to mind, both I've used, one I own.

Taurus PT911 - I did some target shooting with this one at the Rod and
Gun club a couple of months back. I like it - has a really nice feel
to it and seems to be a good general purpose weapon.

FN Herstal FNP-9: This one I own and I like it a lot. Has a very
nice feel to it and because I have large hands, the ability to swap
out the back stop was handy. When I sold my two Glocks, the local
gunsmith recommended this one. It's a good choice for carry purposes
as it fits really nicely into my tuck holster.

Speaking of 9mm pistols, who makes the best commercial hot dog?

Gun Tests sez:

Taurus Millennium PT111, $367, and PT911, $508. Don’t Buy.

FNP-9 Gun Tests gave it a C- for its ammo handling problems and lousy
trigger.

Apparently Tom prefers the eTec model pistols.

There are a number of very good 9mm pistols out there. Taurus never
comes to mind and FN's are second to third rate, and overpriced, too.

Glock makes a selection of 9 mm, and if you don't want a thumb safety,
they're pretty damned good. Springfield's XD's are very good, as are
SIGs, and CZ's.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting your time by trying to

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html
That is very cool.

See also Chiac, a mixed language based on French and English, and
Saint Mary's Bay French, a distinct variety of Acadian French spoken
around Saint Mary's Bay, Nova Scotia.
OK, but the Germans still make the best bread in Europe.

No way. The Italians do.

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

I wouldn't say the best, but you can pick up a surplus Czech CZ-82 in
9mm Makarov for about $180. 12+1 capacity, accurate, easily stripped
and cleaned, and reliable. You can pick up 500 rds of ammo for a
little more than $200. Hard to go wrong.

Why buy a CZ 82 with its inferior Soviet Makarov cartridge when most of
the world prefers 9 mm Luger?

If you want a plain ordinary CZ in 9 mm, get a 75 B in one of the many
variants CZ offers. Far, far superior to the old 82, or the FN's or
Taurus Mr. Science recommends.

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:20:31 -0500, achmed wrote:

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

In my opinion? Two come to mind, both I've used, one I own.

Taurus PT911 - I did some target shooting with this one at the Rod and
Gun club a couple of months back. I like it - has a really nice feel
to it and seems to be a good general purpose weapon.

FN Herstal FNP-9: This one I own and I like it a lot. Has a very
nice feel to it and because I have large hands, the ability to swap
out the back stop was handy. When I sold my two Glocks, the local
gunsmith recommended this one. It's a good choice for carry purposes
as it fits really nicely into my tuck holster.

Speaking of 9mm pistols, who makes the best commercial hot dog?

Boars Head of course.

I will put the FNP9 on my list to investigate. A quick read says it has
a good trigger, SA DA, Decocker, Hi Cap magazines. Good to carry but not
so good on the range for distance beyond 7 meteres.

Jack wrote:

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html
That is very cool.
See also Chiac, a mixed language based on French and English, and
Saint Mary's Bay French, a distinct variety of Acadian French spoken
around Saint Mary's Bay, Nova Scotia.
OK, but the Germans still make the best bread in Europe.
No way. The Italians do.

Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

I wouldn't say the best, but you can pick up a surplus Czech CZ-82 in
9mm Makarov for about $180. 12+1 capacity, accurate, easily stripped
and cleaned, and reliable. You can pick up 500 rds of ammo for a
little more than $200. Hard to go wrong.

I have heard there can be good deals on those but I want to stick with
something mainstream for now.
A CZ75BD is on my short list.
I also have seen and liked:
Baretta 92FS
and Sig 26

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:17:46 -0500, achmed wrote:

Jack wrote:

wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1153166.html
That is very cool.
See also Chiac, a mixed language based on French and English, and
Saint Mary's Bay French, a distinct variety of Acadian French spoken
around Saint Mary's Bay, Nova Scotia.
OK, but the Germans still make the best bread in Europe.
No way. The Italians do.
Speaking of bread, who makes the best 9mm pistol under $1000?

I wouldn't say the best, but you can pick up a surplus Czech CZ-82 in
9mm Makarov for about $180. 12+1 capacity, accurate, easily stripped
and cleaned, and reliable. You can pick up 500 rds of ammo for a
little more than $200. Hard to go wrong.

I have heard there can be good deals on those but I want to stick with
something mainstream for now.
A CZ75BD is on my short list.
I also have seen and liked:
Baretta 92FS

My youngest had one of those - didn't like it. Does not mean that
it's a lousy gun though - he just didn't like it. He is into hand
guns though so I trust his opinion. Other's seem to like it.

and Sig 26

Just me talking here, but I think Sig as a manufacturer is highly over
rated.

Take it for what you will.

Illinois or Louisiana? Cliff General 91 December 27th 08 02:13 AM
Offentlig Fordonsupphandling - Bil Export & Handel - Försäljning CWM-Banker Power Boat Racing 0 September 18th 08 12:33 PM
Rolex Tag watch looking for partner to export [email protected] General 0 August 13th 05 09:53 AM
Louisiana Paddling Kelly Hoover Touring 2 January 9th 05 07:10 PM
Marinas in Louisiana? Jim General 0 November 10th 04 03:58 AM