jps jps is offline

Default Oh Golly, GOP insurance covers abortions

Wouldn't you know it!!! Do as I say, not as I do...

The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers
elective abortion – a procedure the party’s own platform calls “a
fundamental assault on innocent human life.”

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its
insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the
RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO
that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael
Steele.

“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking
steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.

Leading up to passage of the House health care reform bill last week,
176 House Republicans joined 64 Democrats in voting for the so-called
Stupak amendment, a measure that prohibits federal funds from being
used to buy health insurance that covers elective abortions.

A spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Committee –
the campaign arm for the House Republicans – said it does not include
coverage for elective abortions in its employee insurance policy.

“The policy does not cover abortions unless the life of the mother is
in danger,” the NRCC spokeswoman said.

According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers
the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not
choose to opt out.

But rank and file Republicans said Thursday that the policy should –
and would – be changed.

“We were not aware of this, obviously, and this will, of course, be
fixed,” said James Bopp Jr., a Republican National Committeeman from
Indiana. “I think Chairman Steele will see to it that that’s the
case.”

Rep. Jack Kingston, a Georgia conservative, said “they need to drop
that clause” from the policy or find a new one.

“From a philosophical standpoint, it’s inconsistent,” Kingston said.
“It makes me think someone isn’t scrutinizing the purchases.”

Cigna spokesman Chris Curran declined to discuss the specifics of the
RNC’s plan, saying it’s against company policy to reveal even the
identities of its insured. But he said that Cigna’s products “are
designed to meet the requirements of our individual employer clients.
Employer clients are informed of the services covered and it is their
choice to decide which benefits meet their needs.”

There is no indication that any RNC employee has used the abortion
coverage, but Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards said it’s
“no surprise” that the RNC is offering it.

“It’s an employer that wants to provide standard health benefits for
its employees,” she said. “That’s why the Stupak amendment goes too
far in taking away benefits that women have today, and that’s why
women won’t allow the Stupak amendment to become law.”

The Stupak amendment, named for sponsor Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), was
adopted by the House before it passed the health care bill on Saturday
night. It prohibits a government-backed health care plan from offering
abortion services and bans the use of federal subsidies for
individuals to buy into health care plans that provide abortion
coverage.

Rep. John Shadegg of Arizona was the only House Republican who did not
vote in favor of the amendment. He voted “present.”

While 64 Democrats voted for the amendment, the majority did not – and
the Democratic Party’s 2008 platform says the party “unequivocally
supports Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to choose a safe and legal
abortion, regardless of ability to pay.” The Democratic National
Committee provides abortion coverage to its employees, the committee
said.

"jps" wrote in message

Wouldn't you know it!!! Do as I say, not as I do...

The Republican National Committee's health insurance plan covers
elective abortion - a procedure the party's own platform calls "a
fundamental assault on innocent human life."

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its
insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the
RNC's policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO
that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael
Steele.

"The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking
steps to address the issue," Gitcho said.

It's obviously Obama's fault.

--
Nom=de=Plume

In article ,
says...

"jps" wrote in message

Wouldn't you know it!!! Do as I say, not as I do...

The Republican National Committee's health insurance plan covers
elective abortion - a procedure the party's own platform calls "a
fundamental assault on innocent human life."

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its
insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the
RNC's policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO
that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael
Steele.

"The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking
steps to address the issue," Gitcho said.

It's obviously Obama's fault.

You'll see. It's not really about abortion, per se, it's about
partisanship. You watch.

--
WAFA the newsgroup liar free!

On 11/13/09 1:13 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

In ,
says...

wrote in message

Wouldn't you know it!!! Do as I say, not as I do...

The Republican National Committee's health insurance plan covers
elective abortion - a procedure the party's own platform calls "a
fundamental assault on innocent human life."

Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its
insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the
RNC's policy covers elective abortion.

Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO
that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael
Steele.

"The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking
steps to address the issue," Gitcho said.

It's obviously Obama's fault.

You'll see. It's not really about abortion, per se, it's about
partisanship. You watch.

Yeah we know, everyting republican is bad, everything liberal is good...
Harryism is putting words in everyones mouth here and ignoring us when
we compromise or step across the table which many of us have done in the
last few weeks, of course you have ignored each and every one of those
posts as they don't suit your stereotype (excuse)...

Actually, **** for brains, I use your words to hang you.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting your time by trying to

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

I've got it handled so that very few political posts get past my
filters. Besides, your attempts at trying to say something good about
liberals is obviously tongue in cheek. It's VERY obvious as a matter of
fact.

--
WAFA the newsgroup liar free!

Actually, **** for brains, I use your words to hang you.

num da plum wouldn't approve of your language
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:43:33 -0500, Jablonski wrote:

194.109.133.84

Nor your cowardice...

"Jablonski" wrote in message ...

Actually, **** for brains, I use your words to hang you.

num da plum wouldn't approve of your language

Nor do I approve of continually shifting identities to avoid being filtered.
Who's the king of that on this newsgroup....

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:22:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Jablonski" wrote in message ...

Actually, **** for brains, I use your words to hang you.

num da plum wouldn't approve of your language

Nor do I approve of continually shifting identities to avoid being filtered.
Who's the king of that on this newsgroup....

That'd be Bad Jim. He can't stand not being heard. Changes his name
daily. When I see the posts, I just hit delete. Drivel elminator...

Gosh, golly, gee whiz... Valguard Toebreakerson General 21 February 5th 08 06:52 PM
Mainsail Covers katysails ASA 69 March 6th 05 10:41 PM
boat covers Fred General 4 November 7th 03 11:51 PM
Sail Covers Donal ASA 10 July 30th 03 05:14 PM
Farmers Insurance to Foremost Insurance Wayne.B General 1 July 26th 03 01:35 AM