Wayne.B

Default Farmers Insurance to Foremost Insurance

On 25 Jul 2003 08:16:58 -0700, (Swubba) wrote:
If you plan on selling your boat soon, don't renew with Foremost which
a company that Farmers just purchased. I have had a policy with
Farmers (underwritten by Mid-Century) for 13 years now with never a
problem or claim. Farmers bought Foremost in early 2003 and changed
my policy. The new premimum ($350.00 a year)to Foremost was due in May
2003. I paid only half the yearly premimum due to the fact that my
boat was up for sale. I sold the boat one week after I paid the
premimum and at that time I cancelled the policy. I now get a letter
saying I am only due $41.00 out of a $176.00 paid for only one weeks
worth of coverage. They are giving me some malarky about a minimum
earned premium of $125.00. I't doesn't look as if I am going to get
anywhere with Foremost directly as the lady I spoke to sounded more
like she was doing her nails more than paying attention to what I was
saying.

I am interested in hearing from other previous Farmers (boat policy)
carriers that this may have happened to. I think litigation will be
the only resolve but I would like to form a class action if possible
as I am sure my little small claims action against Foremost wouldn't
give them too much to worry about...but a class action would be
another thing. I am tired of these insurance companies pushing us
around like cattle.

====================================

If you are a boat owner, even a former boat owner, and are worried
about a crappy $130 or so, you are truly well off. Count your
blessings and get on with your life.

Gould 0738

They are giving me some malarky about a minimum
earned premium of $125.00.

Read your contract. The insurance company incurred the same expense setting up
and billing your account for the week's coverage as if you had let the policy
run all six months. Such clauses are common enough, and if it is spelled out in
the contract you owe, you owe.

(I'll bet if you had a claim during the first week, you would have expected
full reminbursement.)