Wayne.B

Default Farmers Insurance to Foremost Insurance

On 25 Jul 2003 08:16:58 -0700, (Swubba) wrote:
If you plan on selling your boat soon, don't renew with Foremost which
a company that Farmers just purchased. I have had a policy with
Farmers (underwritten by Mid-Century) for 13 years now with never a
problem or claim. Farmers bought Foremost in early 2003 and changed
my policy. The new premimum ($350.00 a year)to Foremost was due in May
2003. I paid only half the yearly premimum due to the fact that my
boat was up for sale. I sold the boat one week after I paid the
premimum and at that time I cancelled the policy. I now get a letter
saying I am only due $41.00 out of a $176.00 paid for only one weeks
worth of coverage. They are giving me some malarky about a minimum
earned premium of $125.00. I't doesn't look as if I am going to get
anywhere with Foremost directly as the lady I spoke to sounded more
like she was doing her nails more than paying attention to what I was
saying.

I am interested in hearing from other previous Farmers (boat policy)
carriers that this may have happened to. I think litigation will be
the only resolve but I would like to form a class action if possible
as I am sure my little small claims action against Foremost wouldn't
give them too much to worry about...but a class action would be
another thing. I am tired of these insurance companies pushing us
around like cattle.

If you are a boat owner, even a former boat owner, and are worried
about a crappy $130 or so, you are truly well off. Count your
blessings and get on with your life.