Default House passed health care reform...

jps wrote:
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:07:50 -0700, Canuck57
wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

One lone Republican voted for it. 39 Democrats opposed. That ****es me off.
Well, it's on to the Senate. I'm sure they'll do something by 2015.

Lets hope they bog it down and 2010 becomes an election issue on the
very point. A decision this big needs direct voting on the issue.
Hell, if the majority wants government to nationalize health care, so be
it. But I suspect when people take the time to read, this is a hidden
tax grab. Get the cash flow to the government and then turn down
survice levels while they skim the moneys.

The polls are very clear in that Americans want health care reform.

Haley Barbour was on Meet the Press today insisting the majority of
Americans don't want health care reform. I don't know of a single
poll, apart from heavy Republican districts, who are against health
care reform.

Lying straight faced is Republican strong suit.

At least once it is bothched, like GM and GMAC, we can say we told you
so. But unfortunately reversing such a trend, hard to do. Government
gets a taste of all that money is going to be hard to reverse.

On Nov 9, 1:52*am, thunder wrote:
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:15:17 -0800, nom=de=plume wrote:
The 5 days was mister Change's promise on all bills. *And 72 hours for
a 2500 page bill?

Do you think you could read the 2000 page bill in five days? I might be
able to, but it would be a full time job.

Feel free to show me where Obama proposed five days for "all" bills.

Bill has it right, and wrong. *Obama promised 5 days before he would
*sign* them. *Obama doesn't control when they get voted on. *Still, it's
a broken promise, one of his seven. *

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...4/allow-five-d...

Just more BO lies.

"Canuck57" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Please show me where in the legislation from either House or Senate that
proposes "nationalizing" the healthcare. You can't because that's just a
fear-based line of bs from the far right.

He who controls the money controls the business. If the money goes to the
government, and government decides service levels and the take, are you
sure you will be happy?

As I said, you can't because it doesn't exist.

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, the people are for health care reform. Or really cheaper healthcare.
But do they want the government telling them what services they can have?
The government has never run anything cheaper than private industry. And
ramming through a "healthcare reform" bill in a short time in the back room
and then voting on it less than 3 days later, leads to those ****ED UP laws
that the unintended consequences are worse than the cure. The Feds should
be working on creating sustainable jobs, cutting spending and curing a
depression first.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

?? Most of this is total wacko stuff... but I guess you think 45K dead every
year from lack of healthcare is ok.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

They show up at any hospital and they get treated. How many of those 45k
are street people that are ingesting controlled substances and sleeping in
the open in rain and snow?

On 11/9/09 5:40 PM, Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
"Bill wrote in message
m...

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

That is such a crock of ****. Try getting that sort of treatment for a
serious, chronic condition...

Another ill-informed, right-wing asshole.
Jim Jim is offline

H the K wrote:
On 11/9/09 5:40 PM, Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
"Bill wrote in message
m...

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like Krausie has first hand experience with refusal of treatment
for a serious chronic condition.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

They? Who's they? You mean the people who can't afford care, so they show up
at the last minute and die? Ok. Those people.

Very few are street people. It's mostly the working poor. Don't believe me?
Look it up.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:55:57 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Oy. Doesn't that happen right now? What makes you think the
government is going to deny any more procedures or care than the
profit making health care business?

The government has never run anything cheaper than private industry.

Oh boy, here we go. Isn't most medicare administration done by
private industry?

And
ramming through a "healthcare reform" bill in a short time in the back room
and then voting on it less than 3 days later, leads to those ****ED UP laws
that the unintended consequences are worse than the cure. The Feds should
be working on creating sustainable jobs, cutting spending and curing a
depression first.

Don't you think keeping people solvent who might otherwise be swamped
by medical costs is a good investment?

Perhaps it's not the first consideration in getting us back on our
economic feet but it's up there.

Did President Bush focus only on invading Iraq or was he also working
on making the Chinese-funded tax cuts for US rich permanent?