Default House passed health care reform...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

What happened to that open government stuff. Where bills would be up for
reading and analysis for 5 days before a vote?

I believe it's been up for 72 hours (3 days). I believe the 5-day thing
was for the stim. bill.

--
Nom=de=Plume

The 5 days was mister Change's promise on all bills. And 72 hours for a
2500 page bill?

"Canuck57" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

One lone Republican voted for it. 39 Democrats opposed. That ****es me
off. Well, it's on to the Senate. I'm sure they'll do something by 2015.

Lets hope they bog it down and 2010 becomes an election issue on the very
point. A decision this big needs direct voting on the issue. Hell, if the
majority wants government to nationalize health care, so be it. But I
suspect when people take the time to read, this is a hidden tax grab. Get
the cash flow to the government and then turn down survice levels while
they skim the moneys.

Please show me where in the legislation from either House or Senate that
proposes "nationalizing" the healthcare. You can't because that's just a
fear-based line of bs from the far right.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message

Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

What happened to that open government stuff. Where bills would be up
for reading and analysis for 5 days before a vote?

I believe it's been up for 72 hours (3 days). I believe the 5-day thing
was for the stim. bill.

--
Nom=de=Plume

The 5 days was mister Change's promise on all bills. And 72 hours for a
2500 page bill?

Do you think you could read the 2000 page bill in five days? I might be able
to, but it would be a full time job.

Feel free to show me where Obama proposed five days for "all" bills.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:15:17 -0800, nom=de=plume wrote:

The 5 days was mister Change's promise on all bills. And 72 hours for
a 2500 page bill?

Do you think you could read the 2000 page bill in five days? I might be
able to, but it would be a full time job.

Feel free to show me where Obama proposed five days for "all" bills.

Bill has it right, and wrong. Obama promised 5 days before he would
*sign* them. Obama doesn't control when they get voted on. Still, it's
a broken promise, one of his seven.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ore-signing-b/
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:07:50 -0700, Canuck57
wrote:

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

The polls are very clear in that Americans want health care reform.

Haley Barbour was on Meet the Press today insisting the majority of
Americans don't want health care reform. I don't know of a single
poll, apart from heavy Republican districts, who are against health
care reform.

Lying straight faced is Republican strong suit.

jps jps is offline

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:05:23 -0700, Canuck57
wrote:

H the K wrote:
On 11/8/09 1:53 AM, jps wrote:

Tonight at 11:15 pm EST, by a 220 to 215 vote, the House passed their
version of Health Care Reform.

Among the most meaningful pieces of legislation in history making it
through one body of congress is a big deal. There's lots of work left
but I'm damned happy a major bridge has been crossed.

All you folks who hate your fellow Americans and don't think it's
worth the investment have my sympathy.

Naturally, except for one congressman, the GOP was the party of NO.
Simple solution: Republicans without health care insurance shouldn't be
allowed to get any of the benefits of health care reform.

Of course, that means our boy Just Hate will still not have health
insurance.

I bet many a republican would opt out if they could. As long as they
don't have to pay any part of the governmetns ploy in grabing more
taxes, they can then afford private insurance.

But that is why they don't want to give you a choice. It is heading
towards becoming a major source of government income. Obama-Congress
debt spending needs to be paid.

I suspect it is a good time to liquidate US holdings.

Yes, time to invest in the Chinese stock market. Go for it.

wrote:

H the K wrote:
On 11/8/09 1:53 AM, jps wrote:

[...]

That would certainly be foolish by itself. It's good to have diversity in
one's investment. I don't have exclusive domestic investments, but my
international portfolio is rather modest.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"thunder" wrote in message
t...
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 22:15:17 -0800, nom=de=plume wrote:

The 5 days was mister Change's promise on all bills. And 72 hours for
a 2500 page bill?

Do you think you could read the 2000 page bill in five days? I might be
able to, but it would be a full time job.

Feel free to show me where Obama proposed five days for "all" bills.

Bill has it right, and wrong. Obama promised 5 days before he would
*sign* them. Obama doesn't control when they get voted on. Still, it's
a broken promise, one of his seven.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ore-signing-b/

Ok. Well, I guess I and Bill were half right. To err is human to forgive
devine (Alexander Pope)

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote:

H the K wrote:
On 11/8/09 1:53 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

I was thinking Brazil. Already have some China ...

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

He who controls the money controls the business. If the money goes to
the government, and government decides service levels and the take, are
you sure you will be happy?