Default Tragedy at OIB

A sad event just a few miles from here, by ICW:

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/...k=omni_popular

--
Microplanet Gravity Version 2.9.11 Beta

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:10:39 -0400, Gene
wrote:

A sad event just a few miles from here, by ICW:

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/...k=omni_popular

More he

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/1042689.html?storylink=mirelated

Very sad. Parasailing in bad weather is really not a good idea. We
had a mother and daughter killed at Ft Myers Beach a few years ago
when a thunderstorm came up quickly. The winch jammed and the boat
operators were unable to get them down. Strong wind gusts shredded
the chute and dropped the women several hundred feet.

The guys who operate these boats are usually in their early 20s with
experience and judgement to match.

wrote:

A sad event just a few miles from here, by ICW:

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/...k=omni_popular

There are more parasailing accidents than people might think.
These women were reported to be 56 and 60 years old.
Every time I see that parasailing I think a bit about the physics of
what I'm seeing and all the things that can go wrong.
Guess I'm just a big chicken, but I never wanted to do it, and never
wanted my wife or kids being towed up there either.
But maybe I just didn't want to pay for it.

--Vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcYQm9ypXjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGI4EaCkYP8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJK3daCBsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K333...eature=related

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:07:37 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/...k=omni_popular

There are more parasailing accidents than people might think. These
women were reported to be 56 and 60 years old. Every time I see that
parasailing I think a bit about the physics of what I'm seeing and all
the things that can go wrong. Guess I'm just a big chicken, but I never
wanted to do it, and never wanted my wife or kids being towed up there
either. But maybe I just didn't want to pay for it.

Q. How many accidents have there been?
A. The PSC estimates that from 1990 thru 2003 (in the USA) there were
over 324 accidents, 68 of which resulted in serious bodily injury and 11
deaths in the USA and its territories. Their have 11 deaths between 2003
and 2007 (These statistics are based USCG reports state / local law
enforcement, local reporting agencies, individual accident reports, eye
witnesses accounts from parasail operators and other sources deemed
reliable)
From: http://www.parasail.org/faqs_874s.htm

That's a fair deal of deaths. I would have thought that it was much
safer than that.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

A sad event just a few miles from here, by ICW:

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/...k=omni_popular

There are more parasailing accidents than people might think.
These women were reported to be 56 and 60 years old.
Every time I see that parasailing I think a bit about the physics of
what I'm seeing and all the things that can go wrong.
Guess I'm just a big chicken, but I never wanted to do it, and never
wanted my wife or kids being towed up there either.
But maybe I just didn't want to pay for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcYQm9ypXjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGI4EaCkYP8&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eJK3daCBsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K333...eature=related

To make matters worse...if you survive, I wonder what you could expect by
suing the operators in some of the Caribbean countries?

School Tragedy Averted! Gilligan ASA 7 October 5th 06 02:30 PM
Tragedy of the Commons [email protected] ASA 2 January 11th 06 11:24 PM
Tragedy on the Ohio Scott Vernon ASA 1 January 12th 05 12:34 AM
A platform of tragedy John Gaquin General 4 August 31st 04 02:48 AM
Lobster boat tragedy Q General 6 October 13th 03 03:48 PM