Default What a Deal!

Another test on a rough Lake last week. The engine still ran too warm.
Thermostat still not right. Went to the local Napa Store today to try
to get a Thermostat.
The guy looked it up, and brings me 2 - 4.3 Therms..... no good. I
then revealed it was for a Marine App. DOH!. Looks again, and I get
the Thermostat Kit for $28.00 Includes ALL gaskets, even the ones for
the top part where the riser hoses hook on.
IF... I'dve gone to the Marine dealer..... $68.00 I'll bet.

Not bad I say.

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Scott Dickson
wrote:

Another test on a rough Lake last week. The engine still ran too warm.
Thermostat still not right. Went to the local Napa Store today to try
to get a Thermostat.
The guy looked it up, and brings me 2 - 4.3 Therms..... no good. I
then revealed it was for a Marine App. DOH!. Looks again, and I get
the Thermostat Kit for $28.00 Includes ALL gaskets, even the ones for
the top part where the riser hoses hook on.
IF... I'dve gone to the Marine dealer..... $68.00 I'll bet.

Not bad I say.

Very good, Scott. Glad to hear *something* worked out for you.
--

John H
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 5, 5:25*pm, Scott Dickson wrote:
Another test on a rough Lake last week. The engine still ran too warm.
Thermostat still not right. Went to the local Napa Store today to try
to get a Thermostat.
The guy looked it up, and brings me 2 - 4.3 Therms..... no good. I
then revealed it was for a Marine App. DOH!. Looks again, and I get
the Thermostat Kit for $28.00 Includes ALL gaskets, even the ones for
the top part where the riser hoses hook on.
*IF... I'dve gone to the Marine dealer..... $68.00 I'll bet.

Not bad I say.

Is your's an enclosed? or raw water system?

most raw or fresh water inboards are set at about 130-140 degreesf.
and enclosed are approx 180f.

how high was it running?

On Aug 5, 7:20*pm, Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 5:25*pm, Scott Dickson wrote:

Another test on a rough Lake last week. The engine still ran too warm.
Thermostat still not right. Went to the local Napa Store today to try
to get a Thermostat.
The guy looked it up, and brings me 2 - 4.3 Therms..... no good. I
then revealed it was for a Marine App. DOH!. Looks again, and I get
the Thermostat Kit for $28.00 Includes ALL gaskets, even the ones for
the top part where the riser hoses hook on.
*IF... I'dve gone to the Marine dealer..... $68.00 I'll bet.

Not bad I say.

Is your's an enclosed? or raw water system?

most raw or fresh water inboards are set at about 130-140 degreesf.
and enclosed are approx 180f.

how high was it running?

No gauge yet, but by feel, about 185.... that's a guess, of course. It
is raw water cooled. Impeller is working fine. Good tattle-tale out
back.
Book says 165 Degrees.
I'll just be glad the dam thing opens!!!

Scott Dickson wrote:
On Aug 5, 7:20 pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Some RWC engines are spec'd to run at 143 others 160. Merc runs their
closed cooling systems at 160. Without a temp gauge, you don't know
where yours is running, do you? Car makers run their engines over 200,
which probably makes them run better. So long as you don't get vapor
lock, start fires, melt wiring, hoses, exhaust tubes,etc., your
thermostat is just fine for lake boating. Don't worry about it.
Worry more about that big rubber condom that surrounds your upper gear
housing.

Yo Harry! Deal or No Deal? JohnH[_3_] General 28 November 30th 08 05:44 AM
So here's the deal... Short Wave Sportfishing General 10 August 7th 07 07:54 PM
best deal marion Cruising 0 November 16th 06 10:19 PM
FS: Cal 28 in NY, get a deal Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 14th 04 03:27 PM
WETBIKES Deal deal! MUST SELL General 9 July 20th 03 10:37 PM