Scott Dickson Scott Dickson is offline

Default What a Deal!

On Aug 5, 7:20*pm, Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 5:25*pm, Scott Dickson wrote:

Another test on a rough Lake last week. The engine still ran too warm.
Thermostat still not right. Went to the local Napa Store today to try
to get a Thermostat.
The guy looked it up, and brings me 2 - 4.3 Therms..... no good. I
then revealed it was for a Marine App. DOH!. Looks again, and I get
the Thermostat Kit for $28.00 Includes ALL gaskets, even the ones for
the top part where the riser hoses hook on.
*IF... I'dve gone to the Marine dealer..... $68.00 I'll bet.

Not bad I say.

Is your's an enclosed? or raw water system?

most raw or fresh water inboards are set at about 130-140 degreesf.
and enclosed are approx 180f.

how high was it running?

No gauge yet, but by feel, about 185.... that's a guess, of course. It
is raw water cooled. Impeller is working fine. Good tattle-tale out
back.
Book says 165 Degrees.
I'll just be glad the dam thing opens!!!