Default Gosh - what a beautiful night.

Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather.

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 25, 11:27*pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather. *

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.

Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 11:27 pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather.

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.

Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

==================================

What the heck is *hoemade sin*? I can think of a couple things but they
can't be right.

Oh, by the way, it's 76*/95% humidity here in central Fl, just like it is
every night this time of year.

I wouldn't trade it for snow though.

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 11:27 pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather.

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.

Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

==================================

What the heck is *hoemade sin*? I can think of a couple things but they
can't be right.

Oh, by the way, it's 76*/95% humidity here in central Fl, just like it is
every night this time of year.

I wouldn't trade it for snow though.

I took the boat out on San Francisco Bay this morning. Got up early and
launched at the crack of 10 am. Trolled for halibut and stripped Bass. No
joy, so went over to San Bruno Shoals. A high spot between Oakland Airport
and San Fran airport. in the middle of the bay. Anchor fishing, landed a
couple small Mud Marlins (Bat Rays) and a few Smooth Hound sharks. Was fun.
Another boat at the ramp lost a 7' 7 gill shark at the boat. They are a
good tasting shark. Afternoon winds came up, and with the offshore fog
bank, cooled down to maybe 65. Went in, clean boat, and headed off to
welding class. Life is good. Was maybe 80 and 20% humidity at home.

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:49:16 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Anchor fishing, landed a
couple small Mud Marlins (Bat Rays) and a few Smooth Hound sharks. Was fun.
Another boat at the ramp lost a 7' 7 gill shark at the boat. They are a
good tasting shark.

We're having quite the debate back East about sharking.

There's some alarming evidence that the normal numbers of dogfish are
decreasing along with some other species we see off the islands this
time of year. Apparently doggies are popular in Britian for use in
fish 'n chips - who knew.

There's been some suggestion that the makos, blues and sand sharks
normally visiting the environs by this time just aren't there and it's
been getting worse every year since about 2004.

wrote:

Anchor fishing, landed a
couple small Mud Marlins (Bat Rays) and a few Smooth Hound sharks. Was
fun.
Another boat at the ramp lost a 7' 7 gill shark at the boat. They are a
good tasting shark.

We're having quite the debate back East about sharking.

There's some alarming evidence that the normal numbers of dogfish are
decreasing along with some other species we see off the islands this
time of year. Apparently doggies are popular in Britian for use in
fish 'n chips - who knew.

There's been some suggestion that the makos, blues and sand sharks
normally visiting the environs by this time just aren't there and it's
been getting worse every year since about 2004.

We can send you some Blues. The most overfished are the Threshers. Most
off our coast are juniors. So the teenagers are wiped out a lot. The
Smoothhounds are about 2-3' and not edible as far as I know. The 7 gills
and the Leopard sharks are very edible. Leopards have to be 36", so that
keeps a large population reproducing. Must are C&Red. Fun to catch a
20-80# bat ray.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:20:18 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Oh, by the way, it's 76*/95% humidity here in central Fl, just like it is
every night this time of year.

I wouldn't trade it for snow though.

I hear that - I'm tired of snow, sleet and freezing rain.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 26, 12:20*am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 11:27 pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather.

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.

Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

==================================

What the heck is *hoemade sin*? *I can think of a couple things but they
can't be right.

Oh, by the way, it's 76*/95% humidity here in central Fl, just like it is
every night this time of year.

I wouldn't trade it for snow though.

I wouldn't trade our snow for all your giant cock roaches either. ?;^ )
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jun 26, 12:20 am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Giant *flying* cockroaches.

Unbearable heat and humidity below a certain latitude between April and
November.

Terrific sal****er and freshwater fishing.

Serious potable water problems.

Serious grey and black water problems.

Pretty beaches.

Fascinating Latin culture on lower east coast.

Great place to visit (south Florida) in the dead of northern winter.

Hurricanes.

Tornadoes.

Flat, ugly terrain over much of state.

It's a mixed bag.

On Jun 26, 6:44*am, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Jun 26, 12:20 am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

It's a mixed bag.- Hide quoted text -

We know, we know, you live in paradise, everyone else lives in hell.
WAFA