Default Gosh - what a beautiful night.

On Jun 26, 6:44*am, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Jun 26, 12:20 am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 11:27 pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather.
Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.
Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.
Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

==================================

What the heck is *hoemade sin*? *I can think of a couple things but they
can't be right.

Oh, by the way, it's 76*/95% humidity here in central Fl, just like it is
every night this time of year.

I wouldn't trade it for snow though.

I wouldn't trade our snow for all your giant cock roaches either. ?;^ )

Giant *flying* cockroaches.

Unbearable heat and humidity below a certain latitude between April and
November.

Terrific sal****er and freshwater fishing.

Serious potable water problems.

Serious grey and black water problems.

Pretty beaches.

Fascinating Latin culture on lower east coast.

Great place to visit (south Florida) in the dead of northern winter.

Hurricanes.

Tornadoes.

Flat, ugly terrain over much of state.

It's a mixed bag.- Hide quoted text -

I guess one could move to Maryland, the home of the KKK and fish in
that cesspool they call the Chesapeake.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 03:37:24 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 26, 12:20*am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Palmetto bugs.

They don't call 'em cockroaches (which is what they are).

This is from Wikipedia:

"The American cockroach (Periplaneta americana), also known as the
Palmetto Bug or Waterbug,[1] particularly in the southern United
States, is the largest species of common cockroach, and often
considered a pest."

Note that they're 'often considered a pest'. That would imply that
they're often *not* considered a pest. I guess that's 'cause some
folks down there use them for watchdogs.
--
John H

"HONK - if I'm paying your mortgage!"

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:41:53 -0400, John H
wrote:

Palmetto bugs.

Remember those freaking huge cockroaches called rice bugs in 'Nam?

Ever get hit by one hanging out the side door of a chopper?

At cruise speed?

wrote:

On Jun 26, 12:20*am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

PS. It looks like Harry likes you again. You're getting to be his last
straw!

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 12:20 am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

========================

The really big ones are Palmetto bugs. So there. 8)

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:21:11 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 12:20 am, "D.Duck" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

The really big ones are...really big friggin' cockroaches!
--
John H

"HONK - if I'm paying your mortgage!"

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:02:50 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jun 25, 11:27*pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
Finally got a break in the weather - for a while there, I thought I
was living in Seattle what with all rain and cloudy weather. *

Got out the Celestron and did a little star gazing for a while. Nice
and peaceful, spotted some sats - general looking around.

Really nice night - even started seeing some lightning bugs which is a
first for this year.

Glad you like it. it's hotter'n hoemade sin here.

right now it's 79 degrees, no air moving and about 75% humidity.

upper 90's for tomorrow (again)

Pansy.

The corn field is really late this year - by now it's usually hip
high, barely touches my knees.

But the hay - oh my gosh am I getting a second cut - you wouldn't
believe the quality of the alfalfa/timothy mix the leasing farmer
planted last year - it's amazing.

I'll bet we're going to get 1,000 - maybe 1,200 bales this year on
second cut, with some heat I'll get a third and probably a fourth cut
off the fields.
mgg mgg is offline

wrote:

[...]

Sweet! I don't remember ever getting more than two cuts from our fields in
northern MA. Maybe we did, but that was a looong time ago.

--Mike

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:58:39 -0700, "mgg" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The guy who leases my fields generally gets three, but the second cut
is almost three weeks early this year. Good quality too, but then it's
a second year plant - no weeds either.

With the corn, he did a no-till plant this year - might not have been
the smartest thing he could have done given what happened this Spring,
but it's a time saver and much more efficient.