Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default OH MY GOSH! UNBELIEVABLE NEWS!!

For Immediate Release

Washington State Governor Uses Emergency Powers to Halt Puget Sound
Pleasure Boating-

Olympia; Washington Governor Christine Gregoire signed an Executive
Order that will forbid all recreational boating, fishing, scuba diving,
or shell fish harvest from all inland sal****er areas of Washington
State. The order, effective April 1 2006, is in response to demands
from environmental groups concerned about the continued depletion of
endangered species in state waters. The order appleis to all areas
south of Point Wilson in Puget Sound.

"Unfortunately, we must call a halt to the intrusive impact of
recreational fishing and boating in order to effectively measure the
impact these activities have on the aquatic environment and how that
impact relates to the diminishing number of salmon, steelhead, orca
whales, and shellfish. Our citizens can still enjoy a wide variety of
freshwater boating, and other recreational activities in the forests,
mountains, and the desert regions east of the mountains- but our
endangered sal****er species can only exist in the very waters we are
fouling with spilled fuel and human waste."

Executive director of the Washington State Marine Industries
Association, (M. A. Prilphoul), remarked, "We'll be taking this to
court, immediately, of course. Recreational sport fishing and boating
is a multi billion dollar annual industry in this region. The governor
has just endangered the livelihoods of thousands of people."

A spokesperson for Citizens for A Sound Environment applauded the
governor's action, remarking that "This brings us a giant step
closer to reserving the sal****er areas of this state for the wild
creatures to whom The Goddess originally granted this gift. Now that
pleasure boaters have been removed, we will begin focusing on the
noisy, smelly, ecologically disastrous commercial shipping that is also
killing off the salmon and the whales. We're sick and tired of
fooling around with these polluters. It's appropriate that the new
edict is effective on April 1, as April is the month when we celebrate
Earth Day and it is time to put the Earth first."