Default Wanted..one small utility trailer

On Fri, 8 May 2009 17:37:29 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:44:32 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an occasional
use
for a small utility trailer.

What did you replace it with?

An '09 Toyota RAV4 with the 179hp 4 cyl engine. plenty to transport me,
wife & the dog and tow the Yukon a the same time.

Hey - they ain't bad little cars. If it does the job, that's all that
counts.

Speking of the Yukon, I'm taking a Princecraft Super-Pro 207 with a
225 Verado out for a test drive tomorrow morning.

http://www.princecraft.com/Content/e...ro-207-SE.aspx

Whoa mama - speed and a well built boat - VERY tempting.

And I need a smaller boat - well, just because. :)

And the price is right - as in rock bottom.

WHOO HOO!!

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:44:32 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

What to do?
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an occasional
use
for a small utility trailer.
Here's what I'm looking at right now...
Lifetime fold-up 4' x 6' model capable of carrying 1000 lbs. Canadian
Tire
has them on sale next week at $800.00 CDN.
pros...small & light...very easy to store on small city lot. deck made of
galvanized corrugated steel
cons... way more moving parts to sieze & rust...light duty.. inside
dimensions just a hair too small for laying 4' wide sheets flat,
frame is powder coated steel

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...%2BTrailer.jsp

DuraTrail 52" x 100" galvanized Econo Utility with landscape ramp
pros..can easily carry full sheets of plywood, gyproc etc
hot dipped galvanized for long lasting in our salt air climate/ winter
road
salt
can carry approx 1700 lbs
cons.. 2.5 times the cost.....$1900.00 down here (only $1500.00 in
Ontario
where they are built)
might be a bit awkward to move around & store on a small lot

http://www.trailerworld.ca/detail-1-...econo-box-.php

Oh man - I just sold one for $200 - Snowbear made in Ontario - I never
used the dang thing so I just sold it to the first guy to give me $200
for it.

D'oh!
Those things are everywhere up here...at every building supply store,
Wally-Mart etc.
The utility model is around a grand, brand new...but considered light duty
and they rattle a lot.
Anyway..that $200.00 would turn into at least $600.00 due to exchange and
that $240.00 flat fee to process out of country vehicles... yes, same flat
rate for trailers & Cadillacs .

news
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an occasional
use
for a small utility trailer.

What did you replace it with?

An '09 Toyota RAV4 with the 179hp 4 cyl engine. plenty to transport me,
wife & the dog and tow the Yukon a the same time.

Hey - they ain't bad little cars. If it does the job, that's all that
counts.

Speking of the Yukon, I'm taking a Princecraft Super-Pro 207 with a
225 Verado out for a test drive tomorrow morning.

http://www.princecraft.com/Content/e...ro-207-SE.aspx

Whoa mama - speed and a well built boat - VERY tempting.

And I need a smaller boat - well, just because. :)

And the price is right - as in rock bottom.

WHOO HOO!!

Someone had a similar model (maybe one down) on Kijiji that he he had won in
a contest. Not sure if the motor was a big as yours.
He wanted $20k CDN for it.
How old is the one you're looking at?

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
news

Hey - they ain't bad little cars. If it does the job, that's all that
counts.

Speking of the Yukon, I'm taking a Princecraft Super-Pro 207 with a
225 Verado out for a test drive tomorrow morning.

http://www.princecraft.com/Content/e...ro-207-SE.aspx

Whoa mama - speed and a well built boat - VERY tempting.

And I need a smaller boat - well, just because. :)

And the price is right - as in rock bottom.

WHOO HOO!!

That is quite a boat.
When I was at the boat show here in February, I talked to a dealer from
Northern Cape Breton.
He was a Princecraft dealer but said he changed over to an American brand
because Princecraft wouldn't cover some deterioration to a number of
customers boats due to salt water.
Unbelievable....... if true. I imagine you'll be mostly fresh water
there...but if buying from a dealer, ask him about the factory's record on
warranty claims caused by salt water.

wrote:
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an occasional use
for a small utility trailer.

What did you replace it with?

*A chick car!

Nobody's listening to you, asswipe.

wrote:
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an
occasional use
for a small utility trailer.

What did you replace it with?

A chick car!

Nobody's listening to you, asswipe.

Anybody interested in Consumer Reports ratings on Looneys' piece of junk
Jeep?
He'd be well advised to junk it and buy a RAV4.

Don White wrote:

wrote:
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an
occasional use
for a small utility trailer.
What did you replace it with?

A chick car!

Nobody's listening to you, asswipe.

Anybody interested in Consumer Reports ratings on Looneys' piece of junk
Jeep?
He'd be well advised to junk it and buy a RAV4.

I'll pass. Consumer reports is for folks who are too lazy to do their
own research. What does CR say about choosing a vehicle for towing or
hauling stuff?
I'll bet you wish you had bought the Ranger from the lease company.
HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:

wrote:
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an
occasional use
for a small utility trailer.
What did you replace it with?

A chick car!

Nobody's listening to you, asswipe.

Anybody interested in Consumer Reports ratings on Looneys' piece of junk
Jeep?
He'd be well advised to junk it and buy a RAV4.

Crikey...Jeeps have been low-quality, unreliable pieces of crap for
decades. The Jeep itself was a far better vehicle when it had a small,
tough four-banger engine and was light enough to handle thick beach sand
or snow without sinking down to its axles. Over the years it devolved
into your basic pussy vehicle for suburbanite who though the brand name
Jeep added a little panache to their otherwise poseur lives.

Yeah. Loogy has a Jeep vehicle. It figures.
Senior Member

wrote:
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an
occasional use
for a small utility trailer.

What did you replace it with?

A chick car!

Nobody's listening to you, asswipe.

Anybody interested in Consumer Reports ratings on Looneys' piece of junk
Jeep?
He'd be well advised to junk it and buy a RAV4.

Yeah, already read em'.. There's always *something* to say about
Jeeps. I am on my fourth Jeep and find that if you take some basic
care and keep your equimpent up, they are great trucks. They pull
nicely.......... and look really cool doing it

And if you want to save yourself 6-800 bucks, get one of these:

They fold away on rollers when not in use and you can get em' real
cheap. I have been using one of these folders for over 15 years right
through the furniture (heavy oak stock) to the boat building and
everything in between... One sheet of plywood bolted to the frame, and
if you want sides get a couple more sheets a two by four or two, some
carrige bolts, and a set of these:

http://www2.northerntool.com/trailer...item-12723.htm

This setup is much quieter going down the road, and takes up 2' x 6'
of floor space in the garage. You will still have room to hide that
Pink chicks car away. Always check the bearing pack when buying a new
trailer, I put bearing buddies on mine, never had a problem since..

Jerk...