Default Need a new OB mount

I need a new mount for my old 15 hp 2 stroke kicker on my Tolman. The
one I have now I got off E-bay and is some no-name thing and the axles
it moves on came out and it is simply too wimpy even though I replaced
em with 5/16 ss bolts. Prob is, I cannot tell which Garelick model to
get. One of their best says in my Boaters World catalogue it only has
a 9 1/2" lift and I know I need more than that. I do not know the
weight of the old Mercury but it is more than I can lift although I
can if I really need to.
Suggestions?

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:21:45 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

I need a new mount for my old 15 hp 2 stroke kicker on my Tolman. The
one I have now I got off E-bay and is some no-name thing and the axles
it moves on came out and it is simply too wimpy even though I replaced
em with 5/16 ss bolts. Prob is, I cannot tell which Garelick model to
get. One of their best says in my Boaters World catalogue it only has
a 9 1/2" lift and I know I need more than that. I do not know the
weight of the old Mercury but it is more than I can lift although I
can if I really need to.
Suggestions?

The 15 horse 2 stroke Merc weighs just under 100 lbs. I've owned one
for a long time and it's a handful to lift. We've got a harness on
ours which makes it a bit easier, and gives you an attachment point on
top if you have a hoist available.

I have the mount sold by Defender and it worked OK on my old 24 ft
runabout. You can always tilt up the motor in the "up" position for
more clearance. The mount is counter balanced with a large torsion
spring which takes most of the strain out of retracting it.

This is the one I have:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|311|314178&id=835273

The specs say that vertical lift is 11 1/4 inches.

wrote:

I need a new mount for my old 15 hp 2 stroke kicker on my Tolman. The
one I have now I got off E-bay and is some no-name thing and the axles
it moves on came out and it is simply too wimpy even though I replaced
em with 5/16 ss bolts. Prob is, I cannot tell which Garelick model to
get. One of their best says in my Boaters World catalogue it only has
a 9 1/2" lift and I know I need more than that. I do not know the
weight of the old Mercury but it is more than I can lift although I
can if I really need to.
Suggestions?

http://www.garelick.com/product.php?pnumber=71033

If you still have questions, call them.

They sell direct

Frogwatch wrote:
I need a new mount for my old 15 hp 2 stroke kicker on my Tolman. The
one I have now I got off E-bay and is some no-name thing and the axles
it moves on came out and it is simply too wimpy even though I replaced
em with 5/16 ss bolts. Prob is, I cannot tell which Garelick model to
get. One of their best says in my Boaters World catalogue it only has
a 9 1/2" lift and I know I need more than that. I do not know the
weight of the old Mercury but it is more than I can lift although I
can if I really need to.
Suggestions?

Check out the "kicker jack plate" on this site:

http://bobsmachine.com/

Nice, but not cheap!

Fixed Mount GPS Silver K Electronics 7 September 4th 08 11:23 AM
FS: UG-58A/U Type N Panel Mount AAA RF Products Electronics 0 May 24th 06 07:57 PM
Bow mount trolling motor JB General 4 May 3rd 06 03:18 PM
Where to mount the BBQ grill Richard Malcolm Cruising 14 July 30th 03 06:44 PM