JB

Default Bow mount trolling motor

I have just purchased a new Tahoe 215cc and would like to mount my Minnkota
Powerdive on the bow. There is a small storage container in the bow for
anchor storage but my arm is about 2 feet too short to reach thru and hold
the nut for the quick connect mount. Anyone know of some type of special
anchor to drop thru the hole? I want to try and avoid the wingnut type
(scared it will pull thru the fiberglass), unless someone has tried it. Of
course, I would much rather have a nice fat stainless washer if possible.

basskisser

JB wrote:
I have just purchased a new Tahoe 215cc and would like to mount my Minnkota
Powerdive on the bow. There is a small storage container in the bow for
anchor storage but my arm is about 2 feet too short to reach thru and hold
the nut for the quick connect mount. Anyone know of some type of special
anchor to drop thru the hole? I want to try and avoid the wingnut type
(scared it will pull thru the fiberglass), unless someone has tried it. Of
course, I would much rather have a nice fat stainless washer if possible.

Can you reach it if you have the nut in a socket with a socket wrench
or long breaker bar? If so, you can do that, and even use caulk to hold
a washer in place on the socket.

RichG

These expanding Trollingmotor mounting bolt(s) should do the trick

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ount&noImage=0
Regards,
-
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
..

JB

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

JB wrote:
I have just purchased a new Tahoe 215cc and would like to mount my
Minnkota
Powerdive on the bow. There is a small storage container in the bow for
anchor storage but my arm is about 2 feet too short to reach thru and
hold
the nut for the quick connect mount. Anyone know of some type of special
anchor to drop thru the hole? I want to try and avoid the wingnut type
(scared it will pull thru the fiberglass), unless someone has tried it.
Of
course, I would much rather have a nice fat stainless washer if possible.

Can you reach it if you have the nut in a socket with a socket wrench
or long breaker bar? If so, you can do that, and even use caulk to hold
a washer in place on the socket.

That would be easy enough if I could see it. I am going to give it a try. I
may also try the other reply about the Isolator Bolts. Just FYI, I also
found out about Wellnuts
http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com...gename=wellnut . Don't
know if they are stout enough for the tourque but if they can handle the
vibration of an aircraft they may be worth a shot.

basskisser

JB wrote:
[...]

You can do it by feel, you'll feel the nut hitting the bolt as you move
the bolt around.