HK HK is offline

Default Charles Grassley, You're My...

....Hero:

Grassley on AIG execs: Quit or suicide
By: Martin Kady II
March 16, 2009 07:25 PM EST

Sen. Charles Grassley is so angry over AIG bonuses that he says the
executives should resign or kill themselves.

In a comment aired this afternoon on WMT, an Iowa radio station,
Grassley (R-Iowa) said: “The first thing that would make me feel a
little bit better towards them if they’d follow the Japanese model and
come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I’m
sorry, and then either do one of two things — resign, or go commit suicide.”

The radio clip was also aired on WTOP, a news radio station in Washington.

- - -

Probably the first time I have ever agreed with Grassley on anything.
AIG: Heads on Pikes

--
Appearing via Thunderbird on an iMac 3.06
or a Macbook Pro 2.4, running Mac OS 10.56,

On Mar 17, 7:09*am, HK wrote:
[...]

Yep, that's our resident hypocrite. Wishing suicide, death, and injury
on people, then turning around trying to be holy, telling others they
are wrong for wishing ill will on others at boat ramps.....

On Mar 17, 8:20 am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:09 am, HK wrote:

[...]

Obonzo isnt smart enough to read the fine print? Apparently those
execs at AIG had legal contracts requiring bonuses. Obonzo bailed out
AIG anyway, stupid, stupid, stupid, or at least incompetence.

On Mar 17, 11:27 am, wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:22:47 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch

wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:20 am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:09 am, HK wrote:

[...]

Incorrect. The Fed, without any input from congress made this bailout
in September 2008, before Obama was even elected. You can't blame
congress either, as they had no say in the matter. The Fed acted on
it's own.

OK, I was wrong about Obama doing it.
However, if the AIG execs are to committ suicide, should pols who got
money from AIG or Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac also do so?

wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:20 am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:09 am, HK wrote:

[...]

Before you get mad at AIG, you ought to read this:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...ks-aig---time/

The fault lies with Chris Dodd and the rest of the Corruptocrats.

Senior Member

wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:20 am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:09 am, HK wrote:

[...]

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...ance/dodd-crac...

The fault lies with Chris Dodd and the rest of the Corruptocrats.- Hide quoted text -

Well, it's no surprise that Dodd heads the list of the top recipients
of money from AIG since 1998... Oh, and Obama hits the list at number
4 and he has only been shaking them down since 2004... Remember, they
are also number one and two in money from Fannie and Freddie, it's
just ridiculous. These two are criminals and should be incarcerated as
traitors. Together with Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi they have sold
out the country and the world.

We have the most corrupt congress and the most dishonest President in
history holding hands, we're screwed... F**k Chris Dodd, he is a piece
of ****, Obama is no better... Change my ass...
Plays With Sharks...

"HK" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

We have the most corrupt congress and the most dishonest President in
history holding hands, we're screwed... F**k Chris Dodd, he is a piece
of ****, Obama is no better... Change my ass...
Plays With Sharks...

Funny stuff...you drinking that cheap boat paint...again?

Oh, folks, we're going to have change all right. But not the kind the
Obamaites were thinking when they voted him in. As we are seeing, the foxes
have been put in charge of the hen house.

And just what else did they expect?

This is going to get good. Really good. Geitner is screaming, and Schumer
is screaming. And nobody noticed they were the ones who passed the law that
raises granted before Feb. 11 were exempt. And Dodd and Frank are feigning
outrage, and they were the ones who had a major hand in all this. That is,
when Frank doesn't have a sausage in his mouth ......... know whut uh mean,
Vern?

All this was brought out before the election, but the deaf liberals would
hear none of it. Now it seems to be a tune no one can tune out. Nominees
are dropping like soldiers at Little Big Horn.

I'm going to get some popcorn and sit back and watch this. This is better
than The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars or Desperate Housewives or
American Jail!

Trouble is, I don't see a happy ending. Or even a winner.

Steve

Senior Member

On Mar 17, 10:46*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

m...

wrote:

We have the most corrupt congress and the most dishonest President in
history holding hands, we're screwed... F**k Chris Dodd, he is a piece
of ****, Obama is no better... Change my ass...
Plays With Sharks...

Funny stuff...you drinking that cheap boat paint...again?

--
Appearing via Thunderbird on an iMac 3.06
or a Macbook Pro 2.4, running Mac OS 10.56,
*or* Microsoft VISTA through BootCamp.- Hide quoted text -

Well, the guy has already broken almost every campaign promise he made
in only 8 weeks. And now, the economy is "fundamentally" strong, he
will be bi-partisan, he will allow 5 days to review all legislation,
he will veto any pork laden bills, he will be open with his staff and
any waivers, he will have no lobbyists in his cabinet..... did I miss
anything,???

Charles Winslow MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 July 13th 08 11:13 PM
Charles Inustries Molesworth Cruising 0 June 26th 08 04:30 PM
who doesn't Charles dye surprisingly Zamfir ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:34 PM
Ray Charles Bobsprit ASA 13 June 12th 04 02:39 AM
FS: Charles C-Charger in PA Tom Hensel Electronics 0 February 26th 04 11:58 PM