Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default Charles Grassley, You're My...

On Mar 17, 11:36 am, Frogwatch wrote:
On Mar 17, 11:27 am, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:22:47 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch

wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:20 am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:09 am, HK wrote:

...Hero:

Grassley on AIG execs: Quit or suicide
By: Martin Kady II
March 16, 2009 07:25 PM EST

Sen. Charles Grassley is so angry over AIG bonuses that he says the
executives should resign or kill themselves.

In a comment aired this afternoon on WMT, an Iowa radio station,
Grassley (R-Iowa) said: “The first thing that would make me feel a
little bit better towards them if they’d follow the Japanese model and
come before the American people and take that deep bow and say I’m
sorry, and then either do one of two things — resign, or go commit suicide.”

The radio clip was also aired on WTOP, a news radio station in Washington.

- - -

Probably the first time I have ever agreed with Grassley on anything.
AIG: Heads on Pikes

--
Appearing via Thunderbird on an iMac 3.06
or a Macbook Pro 2.4, running Mac OS 10.56,

Yep, that's our resident hypocrite. Wishing suicide, death, and injury
on people, then turning around trying to be holy, telling others they
are wrong for wishing ill will on others at boat ramps.....

Obonzo isnt smart enough to read the fine print? Apparently those
execs at AIG had legal contracts requiring bonuses. Obonzo bailed out
AIG anyway, stupid, stupid, stupid, or at least incompetence.

Incorrect. The Fed, without any input from congress made this bailout
in September 2008, before Obama was even elected. You can't blame
congress either, as they had no say in the matter. The Fed acted on
it's own.

OK, I was wrong about Obama doing it.
However, if the AIG execs are to committ suicide, should pols who got
money from AIG or Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac also do so?

Before you get mad at AIG, you ought to read this:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...ks-aig---time/

The fault lies with Chris Dodd and the rest of the Corruptocrats.