Default Gamefisher 1.2

I got a Gamefisher 1.2 hp trolling motor with my boat. It cranks and spins,
but has varnished gas. I drained the gas, and will take off the fuel line,
filter, on/off valve, etc, and flush with clean gas. 50:1 is recommended on
the plate.

Anyone have one of these? Helpful hints? I want to use it for slow
trolling for bass and trout. I talked to a couple of people who had them
and swore by them. See a lot of them on ebay under Tanaka. This one is an
old Sears.

Gotta modify the barrel so I can hang it in the water and get it running.
Doesn't look too complicated, probably just some cleanup and gunk removal.

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

Steve

MMC MMC is offline

"SteveB" wrote in message
I got a Gamefisher 1.2 hp trolling motor with my boat. It cranks and
spins, but has varnished gas. I drained the gas, and will take off the
fuel line, filter, on/off valve, etc, and flush with clean gas. 50:1 is
recommended on the plate.

Anyone have one of these? Helpful hints? I want to use it for slow
trolling for bass and trout. I talked to a couple of people who had them
and swore by them. See a lot of them on ebay under Tanaka. This one is
an old Sears.

Gotta modify the barrel so I can hang it in the water and get it running.
Doesn't look too complicated, probably just some cleanup and gunk removal.

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

Steve

Take the carb off, remove the bowl with the carb upside down. Generally
there is a fat pin that holds the float which probably has a fork which
holds the needle.
Remove those parts. maybe take a picture so you can see how it all looked
before the operation.
Clean the crap in the bottom of the bowl and all the passages with spray
carburator cleaner, wear safety glasses as unless you know where the
passages lead you might end up with an eyefull of carb cleaner. Wouldn't be
fun.
When you've got everything hosed out, inspect the gaskets and if damaged
during the disassembly, replace with new. If you can't find factory gaskets
for that motor, the auto parts store should have gasket material you can cut
with an exacto knife to make new gaskets using the old as patterns.

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

What are the chances of that? I spent my evening doing exactly that! It
has plenty of spark. Tomorrow, I will get a foot of fresh hose, some proper
clamps, and a couple of missing tiny lock washers. It looks like it should
fire right up.

Steve

MMC MMC is offline

"SteveB" wrote in message

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Hope it fires right up!

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:09:14 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

They call it carb cleaner and the sell it at auto parts houses.

Casady

wrote:

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

They call it carb cleaner and the sell it at auto parts houses.

Casady

I call it old pre mix gas, and I have a couple of gallons of it in my shed.

Steve

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:55:11 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

They call it carb cleaner and the sell it at auto parts houses.

Casady

I call it old pre mix gas, and I have a couple of gallons of it in my shed.

Steve

Carb cleaner will dissolve many plastics. It will remove paint, and
can give you a nasty skin burn in next to no time. It is what you
want. Run that old premix through a strainer to take out the leaves
and dead flies, and add it to you cars tank at say 10%. My 22 ft
fish/ski has a pair of 25 gal tanks, and if it was my stale gas I
would pour a gallon in each tank.

Casady
MMC MMC is offline

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Is there any solution one uses to soak carb bodies to get off that crud?

They call it carb cleaner and the sell it at auto parts houses.

Casady

I call it old pre mix gas, and I have a couple of gallons of it in my
shed.

Steve

Carb cleaner will dissolve many plastics. It will remove paint, and
can give you a nasty skin burn in next to no time. It is what you
want. Run that old premix through a strainer to take out the leaves
and dead flies, and add it to you cars tank at say 10%. My 22 ft
fish/ski has a pair of 25 gal tanks, and if it was my stale gas I
would pour a gallon in each tank.

Casady

Carb cleaner also removes old varnish from gelcoat.

Gamefisher 7.5 Impeller Replacement? Ulysses General 4 May 12th 11 01:50 PM
3.0hp GameFisher motor Spark Gap OldReliable General 1 May 15th 07 08:15 PM
3.0hp GameFisher motor OldReliable General 1 November 26th 06 01:34 AM
GAMEFISHER 3HP problem Pvakh General 2 December 18th 03 12:25 AM
Gamefisher 3 HP problem Pvakh General 1 November 20th 03 09:38 AM