Default Gamefisher 7.5 Impeller Replacement?

Hi.

I have a Gamefisher 7.5 two-stroke outboard (long shaft) from the late 80s.
The engine is a Tecumseh. I'm not getting any spray out of the holes about
halfway down the shaft. This motor only has a few hours on it but it sat
for a long time unused.

Where is the impeller located and how do I get to it? Do I need to remove
the entire shaft from the engine? Anyone know of any online diagrams for
this motor? I can't seem to locate my owner's manual and Sears wants $10
for a new one. It's somewhere...

Thanks.

"Ulysses" / wrote in message
Hi.

I have a Gamefisher 7.5 two-stroke outboard (long shaft) from the late

80s.
The engine is a Tecumseh. I'm not getting any spray out of the holes

about
halfway down the shaft. This motor only has a few hours on it but it sat
for a long time unused.

Where is the impeller located and how do I get to it? Do I need to remove
the entire shaft from the engine? Anyone know of any online diagrams for
this motor? I can't seem to locate my owner's manual and Sears wants $10
for a new one. It's somewhere...

Thanks.

I found the owner's manual in a box in the garage. It has the parts
diagram. Now I need to find a carburator kit. It seems there is a funny
little rubber bladder in it that has split and it's flooding the engine.
Tecumseh sure puts some weird carburators on their engines. The good news
is that the impeller seems to be working OK now. There must have been a
clog in the cooling lines.

"Ulysses" / wrote in message

"Ulysses" / wrote in message
[...]

Try a lawnmower shop for carb parts.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

"Ulysses" / wrote in message

"Ulysses" / wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I'll try that. I tried to get a price from Sears for the whole carb
and it is no longer available. This is why I no longer buy anything from
Sears (one of many reasons).

Junior Member

You can go to sears parts direct type in your model number and they have a parts schematic done in sections that was great on my 7.5 gamefisher and price not to bad either. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post