Pvakh

Default Gamefisher 3 HP problem

Hi,

I wonder if anybody experienced the same problem and found any
solution.

I bought used Gamefisher 3HP outboard in decent condition. It starts
easily and runs great until it gets wet .

I have Hobie Cat 21 sail catamaran, and the only way to carry outboard
is to put it on some kind of extension about 1-1.5 foot long behind
the rear cross bar. And motor sits pretty low, so it is very easy to
make it splash it over.
And since it has spark plug "outside" (open and not covered) as soon
as wire or plug catches any water motor dies.

It looks like it is just bad design. So I am thinking to buy Honda 2HP
that has all electric stuff covered, but still I wonder if you know
easy way to fix this problem or may be you know how to hide or "dry"
this plug.

Thanks,

Peter.

Is problem with O-Ring Seal or Valve Body Rural Knight General 10 December 7th 04 07:39 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM
Johnson outboard problem Garland Gray II General 10 October 3rd 03 06:45 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM
96 Sea Doo Speedster Starting Problem - Odd Noise From ElectricalBox? David Wolfenbarger General 0 July 17th 03 02:51 AM