Default Modifications to the Tolman

I am making some modifications to my Tolman 20' Standard Skiff to make
it more useful and seaworthy. I built mine without any decking inside
although I did build the two floatation compartments in front and
rear.
So, I added a forward deck in front of the center console. This deck
can be removed and moved up level with the forward V to form a
sleeping area.
Atop this I made a canvas cover held up by three flexible fiberglass
tent type poles that insert into holes in the gunnels. Currently, I
am building an enclosure for the entire cockpit area so we can use it
as a tent.
Aft, I am raising the drywell by two inches. It was already fairly
high but I want it higher in case of a boarding sea.
Am installing a second bilge pump (3500 gph) with straight walled
tubing exiting thru the transom powered by a third dedicated battery.
Am considering a removable deck under which I will put closed cell
foam. This deck would be 1/2" glassed ply held down to the stringers
with stainless threaded inserts. If I put in this deck, I will also
put in two 4" diameter drain ports level with said deck with rubber
flapper seal on the outside of the transom.
Biggest expense right now is a new motor mount for the 9.9 hp kicker.
The old one was simply too lightweight although it was specced for up
to 20 hp.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:35:33 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

[...]

Got any pictures? It sounds interesting.

wrote:

[...]

How's this all fit in with the "keeping a boarding sea" from the
bilges we were talking about before? Sounds like you're only
partially addressing that - which might be the only practical way
without full-length decking watertight.
I like the tent piece.
Ah, sleeping aboard, gently rocking in the night air, with the
soothing sounds of water-crickets in your head.
You got gator-guards to keep gators from coming aboard while you
sleep?

--Vic