eric

Default Chatham 18 Modifications From a Day Tripper?

Anyone know if Necky is going to move the bulkheads and/or the skeg box so
that this (almost) 18ft boat could have storage (a Coaster has more usable
space)? It looks like the bulkheads could be moved towards the seat and the
boat tracks & carves so well, a smaller skeg could be used...

Gene Cosloy

"eric" wrote in message ...
Anyone know if Necky is going to move the bulkheads and/or the skeg box so
that this (almost) 18ft boat could have storage (a Coaster has more usable
space)? It looks like the bulkheads could be moved towards the seat and the
boat tracks & carves so well, a smaller skeg could be used...

Yes I agree with you. I own the 16 and while it is not exactly a low
volume boat, the placement of the forward bulkhead and the large skeg
box all but makes storage an afterthought. Also makes bailing the
cockpit after a swamp quite a chore. I however use the 16 for
daytripping only and have not been otherwise unhappy.

Gene

Chatham two_k2003 Touring 4 June 11th 04 06:59 PM
Sail Modifications [email protected] Cruising 6 June 10th 04 01:58 AM
Mohawk Intrepid 17 vs Mad River Revelation vs Old Town Tripper? G D Wright General 2 May 28th 04 09:23 AM
WS Tempest vs. Necky Chatham two_k2003 Touring 1 March 26th 04 07:49 PM
new Necky Chatham line John Fereira Touring 2 February 4th 04 04:34 AM