Tim Tim is offline

Default Boat Check Time!

On Dec 20, 7:43*am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:40:42 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Dec 20, 7:35*am, Vic Smith wrote:
Is your boat where you left it?
Has it been stolen?
Has it sunk or burned at the dock?
Has the shrink wrap been damaged and birds and rodents are nesting in
the boat?
IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR BOAT!!!!

Report back with status if there's a problem, or if you prevented a
problem from happening BECAUSE YOU CHECKED YOUR BOAT.

Not trying to be an alarmist here.
Just saying *CHECK YOUR BOAT!!

Damn, glad I don't have a boat and have to worry about that crap.

Oh, *MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And MERRY WHATEVER!!! to the heathens.
Don't want to discriminate.

--Vic

Well, mine were still in the warehouse yesterday. I havent' been there
yet, but I'm sure they haven't budged any.

You're excluded from this Tim. *You have faith.

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

LOL!

"Don White" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message

I'd have a horse drawn plow if I was you. Make those horses earn their
oats.

That idea would go over like a lead balloon with Mrs.E.

The JD Gator has a hydraulic (up and down) plow and does a decent job,
but you still get soaked, wet and cold.
Last night I decided it's time to get the F-250 setup with a plow. It
has the plow package on it, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I sound wimpy, but we have a lot of driveway to plow, and every year it
gets to be more of a chore.

http://www.eisboch.com/areial.jpg

Eisboch

Is that an old picture or did you fill in the cement pond?

'Cement pond'??
You're confusing Richard with Jed Clampett..

He had it right.

Eisboch

On Dec 20, 8:35*am, Vic Smith wrote:
Is your boat where you left it?
Has it been stolen?
Has it sunk or burned at the dock?
Has the shrink wrap been damaged and birds and rodents are nesting in
the boat?
IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR BOAT!!!!

Report back with status if there's a problem, or if you prevented a
problem from happening BECAUSE YOU CHECKED YOUR BOAT.

Not trying to be an alarmist here.
Just saying *CHECK YOUR BOAT!!

Damn, glad I don't have a boat and have to worry about that crap.

Oh, *MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And MERRY WHATEVER!!! to the heathens.
Don't want to discriminate.

--Vic

My boat says thanks for the reminder. It's still sitting there in the
water, lines are secure, and it fired right up after a couple of pumps
on the bulb and a little choking.

It was in the 70's here this week and I would have loved to go out,
but I had to work. Now it's going to cool off tonight and tomorrow
back to a more seasonable temp, and I'm off all next week. Figures.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Is your boat where you left it?
Has it been stolen?
Has it sunk or burned at the dock?
Has the shrink wrap been damaged and birds and rodents are nesting in
the boat?
IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR BOAT!!!!

Report back with status if there's a problem, or if you prevented a
problem from happening BECAUSE YOU CHECKED YOUR BOAT.

Not trying to be an alarmist here.
Just saying CHECK YOUR BOAT!!

Damn, glad I don't have a boat and have to worry about that crap.

Oh, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And MERRY WHATEVER!!! to the heathens.
Don't want to discriminate.

--Vic

Was visiting my boat yesterday. Was doing fine. Skiboat next to mine, has
about 100 gallons of water pooled in the cover, which has ripped over the
ski pylon. I pulled his plug and tied it to the side of the boat, and
contacted the storage office to call the guy and tell him the seams on his
cover are tearing from all the water he is storing.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:30:27 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Was visiting my boat yesterday. Was doing fine. Skiboat next to mine, has
about 100 gallons of water pooled in the cover, which has ripped over the
ski pylon. I pulled his plug and tied it to the side of the boat, and
contacted the storage office to call the guy and tell him the seams on his
cover are tearing from all the water he is storing.

Couple months ago I was with a buddy checking out his sail boat on
Kentucky Lake. He noticed a powerboat low at the transom and got
the marina staff on it with a sub pump. We helped a bit. Probably a
foot of water in the thing. Don't know what kind of boat, except it
wasn't my type. Twin 350 inboards.
He told me later it turned out the packing gland was leaking and the
battery charger was turned off.
It's good to have some traffic at the docks.

--Vic

On Dec 20, 2:41*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:14:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:

My boat says thanks for the reminder. *It's still sitting there in the
water, lines are secure, and it fired right up after a couple of pumps
on the bulb and a little choking.

It was in the 70's here this week and I would have loved to go out,
but I had to work. *Now it's going to cool off tonight and tomorrow
back to a more seasonable temp, and I'm off all next week. *Figures.

Love hearing from the Florida guys.
I rub it in my wife's nose every time.
She's bitching about the snow, but still hasn't agreed to move to
Florida, or somewhere close.
I'll break her yet.

--Vic

I'm not in Florida, I'm in South Carolina. We still have seasons, but
the winters are mild. Not a bad place to live at all. Did I say the
winters are mild? :-

On second thought, we're kind of full. We're thinking about closing
the borders. Too mant transplants from other places. Tom is thinking
about moving here.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:35:34 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

Is your boat where you left it?
Has it been stolen?
Has it sunk or burned at the dock?
Has the shrink wrap been damaged and birds and rodents are nesting in
the boat?
IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR BOAT!!!!

Report back with status if there's a problem, or if you prevented a
problem from happening BECAUSE YOU CHECKED YOUR BOAT.

Not trying to be an alarmist here.
Just saying CHECK YOUR BOAT!!

Damn, glad I don't have a boat and have to worry about that crap.

Oh, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And MERRY WHATEVER!!! to the heathens.
Don't want to discriminate.

--Vic

I checked. It's still in the driveway.
--

Salmonbait
MMC MMC is offline

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Is your boat where you left it?
Has it been stolen?
Has it sunk or burned at the dock?
Has the shrink wrap been damaged and birds and rodents are nesting in
the boat?
IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR BOAT!!!!

Report back with status if there's a problem, or if you prevented a
problem from happening BECAUSE YOU CHECKED YOUR BOAT.

Not trying to be an alarmist here.
Just saying CHECK YOUR BOAT!!

Damn, glad I don't have a boat and have to worry about that crap.

Oh, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
And MERRY WHATEVER!!! to the heathens.
Don't want to discriminate.

--Vic

Got back about 7:30 this evening from our Christmas boat parade. Loaded the
pontoon boat with my family, a bunch of the neighborhood kids and a couple
enderly ladies from down the block and anchored off the Grand Canal.
About 100 boats and t-shirt weather; calm, warm and dry. Nice evening to be
on the water. Kids had a blast and neither of the elderly ladies had seen
the parade from the water before and they loved it.
Great decoations on most of the boats and the rest were fun too.
Good times.
Merry Christmas to you to Vic.

Time to check lines... hk General 23 September 7th 08 04:49 AM
strange boat maker comes out of Monterey boat HIN check darenGR Cruising 3 May 5th 06 08:34 PM
How to find someone to check out a used boat [email protected] General 2 March 12th 04 07:17 PM
4:00 am Boat Check Bobsprit ASA 1 September 19th 03 12:07 PM
Check Out Time Michael ASA 0 June 27th 03 06:59 PM