Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Boat Check Time!

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:30:27 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Was visiting my boat yesterday. Was doing fine. Skiboat next to mine, has
about 100 gallons of water pooled in the cover, which has ripped over the
ski pylon. I pulled his plug and tied it to the side of the boat, and
contacted the storage office to call the guy and tell him the seams on his
cover are tearing from all the water he is storing.

Couple months ago I was with a buddy checking out his sail boat on
Kentucky Lake. He noticed a powerboat low at the transom and got
the marina staff on it with a sub pump. We helped a bit. Probably a
foot of water in the thing. Don't know what kind of boat, except it
wasn't my type. Twin 350 inboards.
He told me later it turned out the packing gland was leaking and the
battery charger was turned off.
It's good to have some traffic at the docks.

--Vic