posted to rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Tribolet

Default Nmea /dsc

Page 99 of the current Garmin 182 manual on their website says it puts out the
GPGGA sentence. GP means GPS. That's what the radio wants.

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message ...
"speckfisher" wrote in message

Just received an e-mail from Icom and the tech says that the Garmin
GPS 182 must send the "GGA" sentence. I don't think that my 182 will
send that because I don't see it in the manual. That could be my
problem .

But that is easy to check with hyperterminal or MPXConfig.
On the other hand, I haven't seen a GPS yet that doesn't send GGA,GLL and
RMC all in one burst.

Meindert

Junior Member

Whats all that hyperterminal or MPXConfig??????????
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"speckfisher" wrote in message
Whats all that hyperterminal or MPXConfig??????????

Hyperterminal is a terminal program, present on every windows system. You
can use that program to show NMEA data that is received on a serial port on
your screen. Hyperterminal is a pain to configure, especially if you're not
up to speed with serial data communications. So therefore I suggested
MPXConfig. This is a program I wrote to configure my NMEA multiplexers and
you can also use it to show NMEA data. It does the same as Hyperterminal but
it is preconfigured to NMEA (8 databits, 1 stopbit, no parity) and you can
set the speed right on the main screen to 4800 baud instead of disconnecting
first, dive into a menu and re-connect again as in Hyperterminal.

MPXConfig is free and can be downloaded from
http://www.shipmodul.com/downloads/mpxconfig2.11.zip

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

http://www.shipmodul.com/downloads/mpxconfig2.11.zip

Even works great through my virtual serial port dll to the serial-to-
ethernet box. Thanks, Meindert.

how to read AIS data from encapsulated NMEA VDO sentence [email protected] Electronics 12 July 14th 06 01:15 AM
Objective of NMEA luc Electronics 27 March 7th 06 12:51 PM
Nmea and seatalk to TCP / IP nimbusgb Electronics 20 February 2nd 06 01:42 PM
Getting nmea connections into my laptop beaufortnc Cruising 15 December 30th 05 04:50 AM
Cool! Bennett trim tab indicators now interface with NMEA 2000 standard NOYB General 2 November 17th 05 03:57 PM