speckfisher speckfisher is offline
Junior Member

Default Nmea /dsc

I have a new Icom M422 VHF and am trying to connect with a Garmin 182 GPS for the DSC function. I have contacted tech service both Icom and Garmin and it seems to be properly connected and all of the settings properly set. I only get a "NO POSITION" reading on my vhf when I go to ck it . I left it on for about an hour to see if it need time to initialize but still didn't work . Could it be that somehow they are incompatible with each other ? How can I check that? Also is it possible to check to see if the NMEA in/out are working on both sets?
Any help would be appreciated